E-mu Proteus X2 Software Sound Module Virtual Instrument (Windows Only)
Proteus® X2 is a 24-bit/192kHz software sound module for your PC that combines the sound quality, advanced synthesis and Z-Plane filters of legendary sound modules like the Morpheus and Mo'Phatt with E-MU's latest groundbreaking tools like TwistaLoop™, Morph Filter Designer and Multi-Function Generator. Proteus X2 is the culmination of over 15 years of sound module development, and offers an arsenal of unparalleled tools to effortlessly dial in the right sound in seconds.
- Powerful synthesis with over 50 patented Z-Plane filters and 100 tempo-based parameters per preset
- Standalone (64 MIDI channels) or VSTi operation (16 MIDI channels per instantiation)
- 24-bit/192kHz Sound Engine supports RAM and streaming playback
- Integrated effects processors with comprehensive MIDI modulation - up to 67 simultaneous effects
- 2in/2 out USB MIDI interface included
- Massive 3GB sound library (1000s of presets including the complete Proteus 2000 soundset) - additional soundsets available
What's new in Proteus X2:
TwistaLoop™ Player is a real-time audio manipulation tool for samples with beat, bar, and loop information that offers real-time audio time expansion/compression, the ability to play different beats or bars from the same sample, the switching in real-time of which loop plays via a continuous controller, and much more. TwistaLoop allows you to sync these loops to Proteus X2's master tempo or to external tempo sources (like a VST host).
Morph Filter Designer
The Morph Filter Designer provides users with filter creation tools that E-MU's sound designers have been using for years to create the legendary morphing Z-Plane filters. The Morph Filter Designer now allows the construction of all-new exotic filter types that can be morphed from one type to another in real-time.
The Multi-Function Generator offers advanced LFO/envelope/arpeggiator programming, providing three function generators per voice that are directly tied into Emulator X2's powerful synthesis architecture (over 100 parameters). These Function Generators have several key sync and direction modes that enable complex levels of control, and can be programmed to modulate pitch, filters, volume, retrigger samples or LFO's, change tempo or trigger other events.
- Native USB port (for E-MU Xmidi 2x2 USB/MIDI Interface), or an installed E-MU Digital Audio System, E-MU USB Audio Interface or E-MU Xboard USB/MIDI Controller
- Genuine Intel® Pentium® III or AMD® K6® class processor or higher operating at 1.5GHz or faster (Pentium® 4 at 2.4GHz or faster recommended)
- Intel®, AMD® or 100% compatible motherboard and chipset
- 512MB System RAM (1GB or greater recommended)
- 7200 RPM hard disk or faster recommended for streaming
- 200MB of free hard disk space for minimum installation (3.5GB needed for full sound library installation)
- Windows® XP
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive required for software installation
- XVGA Video (1024 X 768)