Crown XTi1000 Power Amplifier
XTI-Series amplifiers feature an LCD screen with DSP speaker presets for crossover frequencies, EQ, limiting, delay, and a subharmonic synthesizer. Other features include a switch-mode universal power supply, useful function indicators, proportional-speed fan assisted cooling, XLR inputs, Speakon® and binding-post outputs, short-circuit protection and more.
With their powerful, reliable performance, XTI-Series amps easily handle 2-ohm loads and are capable of chest-thumping lows. Plus, your investment in an XTI-Series amplifier is backed by Crown’s Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty.
Stereo: 275W @ 8 ohms; 500W @ 4 ohms; 700W @ 2 ohms
Bridge-Mono: 1000W @ 8 ohms; 1400W @ 4 ohms
- Integrated proprietary DSP with LCD front panel display
- Accurate, uncolored sound with very low distortion for the best in music and voice reproduction
- Advanced protection circuitry guards against: shorted outputs, open circuits, DC, mismatched loads, general overheating, high-frequency overloads and internal faults
- Extremely versatile, handling a wide range of speaker impedances and outputs
- Switch-mode universal power supply
- Speaker presets for crossover frequencies, EQ, limiting, and delay
- All products fill 2U rack spaces and weigh under 17 pounds; weight sets a new standard in lightweight amps (20% less)
- Speakon® and binding post outputs, XLR inputs and loop-thrus
- Comprehensive LED status per channel
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
- Voltage Gain at 1kHz, 8 ohm rated output: 30.5 dB
- Frequency Response: ±0.25 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt into 4 ohms
- Phase Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz to 20 kHz): ±15°.
- Load Impedance: Safe with all types of loads. Rated for 2 to 8 ohms in Stereo mode, 4 to 16 ohms in Bridge-Mono mode.
- Sensitivity: 1.4V
- Signal to Noise Ratio (below rated 1 kHz power at 8 ohms): 105 dB (A weighted).
- Damping Factor: Better than 500 from 20 Hz to 500 Hz.
- Crosstalk: > 80 dB below rated power, 20 Hz to 1 kHz.
- Common Mode Rejection (CMR): > 45 dB from 20 Hz to 1 kHz.
- Input Stage: Input is electronically balanced and employs precision 1% resistors.
- Input Impedance (nominal): 20 k ohms, balanced;10 k ohms, unbalanced.
- Maximum Input Signal: +22 dBu typical.
- AC Line Current: 6.5A
- At Idle: Draws no more than 90 watts.
- Operating Temperature: 0° C to 40° C at 95% relative humidity (non-condensing).
- EQ: 4-band paragraphic per channel, boost/cut ±12 dB. Also adjustable high and low shelving filters.
- Filters: Highpass and lowpass per channel. Butterworth 6/12/18/24 dB per octave. High and low shelving filters, one per channel.
- Delay: For signal alignment of driver; 5 mS total delay.
- Subharmonic Synthesizer: Adds low-frequency content.
- Output Limiter: Prevents clipping.
- Presets: 10 user speaker presets.
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Level: Detented rotary level control, one per channel.
- Power Switch: On/off switch applies AC power to the amplifier.
- Sel/Prev/Next Buttons: Three buttons near the LCD screen are used to access menu items.
- LCD Screen: Backlit liquid crystal display shows speaker presets.
- Signal Indicator: Green LED, one per channel, flashes when a very low-level signal is present at input. May be used for troubleshooting cable runs.
- –10 Indicator: Green LED flashes when output signal exceeds –10 dB below clip.
- –20 Indicator: Green LED flashes when output signal level exceeds –20 dB below clip.
- Ready Indicator: Green LED, one per channel, illuminates when the amplifier is ready to produce audio.
- Clip Indicator: Red LED, one per channel, turns on at the threshold of audible distortion.
- Temp/Fault Indicator: Red LED, one per channel, illuminates under Fault or excessive temperature conditions.
- Power Indicator: Blue LED illuminates when the amplifier has been turned on and has power.
Rear Panel Controls and Connectors
- AC Line Connector: NEMA 5-15P (15A).
- Input Connector: XLR, one per channel.
- Link/Out Connector: Loop-thru signal from input connector for linking to another amplifier, one per channel.
- Output Connectors: Two Neutrik® Speakon® NL4MP (mates with NL4FC) output connectors. Channel-1 Speakon® is wired with Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 outputs for use with optional single 4-conductor cable. Two binding post outputs (in parallel with Speakon® connectors).
- HiQnet USB Connector: Type B, connects to a HiQnet network.
XTi-Series amplifiers are protected against shorted, open or mismatched loads; overloaded power supplies; excessive temperature; chain destruction phenomena; excessive output current, input overload damage; and high-frequency blowups. They also protect loudspeakers from input/output DC, large or dangerous DC offsets and turn-on/turn-off transients.
- Chassis: Steel.
- Cooling: Proportional speed fan with front-to-rear airflow.
- Dimensions: EIA Standard 19-in. rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 3.5 in. (8.9 cm) high and 12.25 in. (31.11 cm) deep behind mounting surface.
|Power Output (@ 8ohms)
||251 to 400
|Power Output (8/4/2 ohms/Bridged Mono)
||275/500/700/1400 @ 4 ohms
||INPUT: XLR, Link Loop thru / OUTPUT:Speakon, Binding Post
||Display LCD. Power, Ready, Signal, Clip, Temp, -10dB, & -20 LED's
||> 500 @ 20 Hz to 500 Hz
|Signal to Noise Ratio
||105 dB (A weighted)
||275/500/700/1400 @ 4 ohms
||> 70 dB @ 20 Hz to 1 kHz
||20 Presets (19 User)
||19 x 12.25 x 3.5
||100, 120, 220-240 VAC @ 50-60Hz
|Front Air Intake
|Rear Air Intake
Crown XTi1000 Power Amplifier
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for three years and labor for three years from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.