Crown PZM11 Pressure Zone Boundary Microphone
The Crown PZM-11 is a Pressure Zone Microphone designed for conference-room, security and surveillance applications. Each can be mounted in the ceiling or wall in a standard electrical outlet box. Providing excellent intelligibility, designed to look like a light switchso as not to draw attention.
The PZM-11 has a mic-level output and is powered by 12-48V phantom power. Like other Pressure Zone Microphones, the PZM-11 utilizes the Pressure Recording Process™ in which a miniature condenser microphone capsule is mounted very close to a sound-reflecting plate or boundary. The capsule is mounted in the “Pressure Zone” just above the boundary, a region where sound coming directly from the sound source combines in-phase with sound reflected off the boundary. The benefits are a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference, excellent clarity and “reach,” and consistent pickup anywhere around the microphone.
Low frequencies below the voice range are rolled off to reduce pickup of air-conditioning rumble. The high frequency response is boosted slightly to aid clarity and articulation. The microphone connector is a row of screw terminals for easy installation. The output is balanced, low impedance, which allows long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss.
- Type: Pressure Zone Microphone.
- Element: Electret condenser.
- Frequency response (typical): 80 Hz to 20,000 Hz.
- Polar pattern: Hemispherical.
- Impedance: 225 ohms, balanced. Recommended minimum load impedance 1000 ohms.
- Open circuit sensitivity: PZM-11: 5 mV/Pa (–46 dBV/Pa).
- Power sensitivity:–45.5 dBm/Pa
- Equivalent noise level (self-noise): 26 dB SPL typical (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
- S/N Rati 68 dB at 94 dB SPL.
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% THD.
- Output connector: Three screw terminals. 1 = ground, 2 = audio hot (in polarity), 3 = audio cold (opposite polarity).
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces a positive voltage on screw terminal 2 with respect to screw terminal 3.
- Operating voltage: Standard phantom power, 12 to 48V DC on screw terminals 2 and 3 with respect to screw terminal 1.
- Current drain: 400 microamperes.
- Materials: Steel plate and high-impact plastic capsule holder.
- Finish: Off-white. May be painted any color; take care to first seal the opening between the mic capsule and boundary plate.