Crown PCC-170SW Surfacemounted Condenser Microphone
The Crown PCC-170SW is a surfacemounted supercardioid microphone of professional quality. This handsomely styled unit is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern. Other applications include churches, courtrooms and council chambers.
The PCC-170SW has a silent-operating membrane switch which is normally off. The switch can be configured for touch on/off, momentary on or momentary off operation. This configuration is set by a bottom-mounted DIP switch. A high-intensity LED lights when the unit is on. The PCC-170SW is intended for multiple-microphone use on a conference table where each person wants control of his or her microphone.
The microphone attenuates 70 dB when the switch is in the off position. Since the microphone capsule is placed on a boundary or surface, direct and reflected sounds arrive at the diaphragm in-phase, resulting in a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference. Clarity and reach are also enhanced.
Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line preamp. Powered by 12-48V phantom power, the PCC-170SW has a low-impedance balanced output which permits long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. The standard connector option is a Switchcraft TB3M. RFI suppression is included. Self-noise is low and sensitivity is very high. A bass-tilt switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications.
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid.
- Element: Electret condenser.
- Frequency response (typical): 50 Hz to 20,000 Hz at 30 degrees incidence to surface
- Polar pattern: Half-supercardioid (supercardioid in the hemisphere above the primary boundary).
- Impedance: 150 ohms, balanced (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater).
- Open circuit sensitivity (typical): 22 mV/Pa* (–33 dB re 1 volt/Pa).
- Power sensitivity: –30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa*. EIA rating –125 dBm.
- Equivalent noise level (self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB = 0.0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
- S/N rati 72 dB at 94 dB SPL.
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% THD.
- Off Attenuation: 70 dB at 1 kHz.
- Turn-on time: 250 msec.
- Turn-off time: 125 msec.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Operating voltage: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1.
- Current drain: 6 mA nominal.
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M in model PCC-170SW.
- Cable: 15-foot, black, two-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M connectors.
- Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh grille.
- Finish: Black.
- Net weight: 6 oz. (170 g).
- Optional accessories: Crown PH-1A phantom power supply (single channel, battery or AC adapter powered), Crown PH-4B phantom power supply (4 channels, AC powered).