Crown PCC-170 Surfacemounted Condenser Microphone (White)
The Crown PCC-170 is a surfacemounted supercardioid microphone of professional quality. This handsomely styled unit is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern. Other applications include churches, courtrooms and council chambers.
Because of its highly directional pickup pattern, the PCC-170 minimizes background noise and feedback. The microphone reproduces the voice with a clean, clear and natural sound.
Since the microphone capsule is placed on a boundary or surface, direct and reflected sounds arrive at the diaphragm in-phase. This coherent addition of direct and reflected waves increases sensitivity 6 dB and prevents phase cancellations. The mic capsule is small enough to ensure phase coherency up to the highest frequencies in the audible spectrum, resulting in a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference. Clarity and reach are also enhanced.
Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line preamp. Powered by 12-48V phantom power, the PCC-170 has a low-impedance mic- level balanced output which permits long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. Standard connector is a Switchcraft TB3M.
The PCC-170W is finished in off-white to blend with church altars and other surroundings where the lighter color is appropriate. RFI suppression is included. Self-noise is low and sensitivity is very high. A bass-tilt switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications.
- Perfect for multimiking applications in teleconferencing, distance learning, boardrooms and courtrooms.
- Phase Coherent Cardioid design prevents coloration from surface sound reflections.
- Half-supercardioid polar pattern reduces ambient noise and room reverberation.
- Small and inconspicuous.
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid.
- Element: Electret condenser.
- Frequency response (typical): 50 Hz to 20,000 Hz at 30 degrees incidence to surface
- Polar pattern: Half-supercardioid (supercardioid in the hemisphere above the primary boundary).
- Impedance: 150 ohms, balanced (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater).
- Open circuit sensitivity (typical): 22 mV/Pa (–33 dB re 1 volt/Pa).
- Power sensitivity: –30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa. EIA rating –125 dBm.
- Equivalent noise level (self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
- S/N rati 72 dB at 94 dB SPL.
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% THD.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Operating voltage: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1.
- Current drain: 4 mA nominal.
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M in model PCC-170. Bottom-mounted 0.25-in. (0.635-cm) stereo phone plug in model PCC-170/SPP
- Cable: 15-foot, black, two-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M connectors.
- Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh grille.
- Net weight: 6 oz. (170 g).
- Optional accessories: Crown PH-1A phantom power supply (single channel, battery or AC adapter powered), Crown PH-4B phantom power supply (4 channels, AC powered).