Crest Audio CPX1500 Performance Series Stereo Power Amplifier
Crest Audio brings their tradition of great power and great value to an even better standard with the CPX series. In typical Crest Audio fashion, they've over-built and over-engineered the CPX Series. Especially considering their highly competitive prices. They included built-in subwoofer crossovers, low-cut filters to prevent woofer cone flutter, fan cooling, Speakon® output connectors and much, much more.
Gain Comparator Limiting.
When a signal has waveform peaks that exceed the amps’ power-supply rails, waveforms get chopped off, or “clipped.” This undesirable distortion most often happens when the amp is turned up too high (too much gain). GCL™ senses clipping (or current limiting) and dynamically reduces the gain for a few milliseconds. You can drive the CPX amp to its maximum (and beyond) without hearing audible distortion.
Don’t settle for less.
If you need maximum performance on a tight budget, you owe it to yourself to get your hands on a CPX Series amplifier from Crest Performance.
- Patented GCL™ Gain Comparator Limiting System for maximum output without audible distortion
- Two-speed demand-sensitive fan and Turbo Cooling heat dissipator design
- Detented gain controls
- Power, GCL and Signal Present LEDs on each channel
- Built-in 150Hz/18dB/octave Subwoofer Crossover with 1/4" TRS output
- Current in-rush limiter
- Over-heat, short circuit, clip limiting, faulty load and DC circuits protect your valuable sound reinforcement speakers and the CPX amplifier
- Barrier strip, balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs with signal pass-through
- Neutrik® Speakon® and 5-way binding post outputs
- Separate bridged outputs featuring NeutrikÆ SpeakonÆ connector and recessed mode switch
- Rear-panel GCL defeat switch
- Rear rack supports
- 14-gauge steel chassis
- Mil-spec fiberglass circuit boards
- Massive toroid transformer and storage capacitors
- 1000 w/channel (8 Ohm Bridge)
- 500 w/channel (4 Ohm Stereo)
- 300 w/channel (8 Ohm Stereo)