Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio 6 Digital Audio Software (Windows)
Cakewalk's SONAR Home Studio version 6 gives you everything you need to turn your PC into a complete music production studio and share your music with the world. Record live instruments and vocals, then mix with studio-quality audio effects. Edit audio, MIDI, and music notation. Build backing tracks or entire songs with hundreds of included instrument sounds and pre-recorded loops by studio musicians. New features in version 6 allow you to burn CD’s, encode mp3’s and export to the web directly from within the software.
New to SONAR Home Studio 6:
- 4 new instruments including the DropZone™ drag-n-drop sampler
- 10 new effects including the critically-acclaimed Sonitus:fx EQ
- Support for Windows® Vista®
- Active Controller Technology (ACT) for total control of your project
- New user interface that can be completely customized based on personal taste
- Use Cakewalk Publisher™ for creation of streaming music players for your website or other internet sites like MySpace
- Input quantize for perfect MIDI performances in real-time
- And much more
Easy as Plug-n-Play
Recording any instrument is easy. Just plug in, check your levels, and hit record. Confidence Recording will draw the audio on screen as you record so you know you're getting the take. Hear internal effects on input, even while you record. If you need help getting a project started, use Track Presets for access to hundreds of sounds that will help ignite your creativity. Once you have recorded your tracks, you can visually arrange, edit, and mix your music with point-and-click ease—all in one view.
Create Backing Tracks Fast
Create backing tracks in a matter of seconds. Find the perfect loop or sample in DropZone or the Loop Explorer, then click and drag it to start building your arrangement. You can chop up your beats, add dynamics, and create remixes with just a few clicks of the mouse. The enhanced Loop Construction View allows you to take control of your loops—tweak the pitch, pan, and gain of slices in any ACID™-format loop.
Edit with Powerful Tools
Edit and arrange audio and MIDI together in one view with simple tools that give powerful results. Zoom in and make pinpoint edits to your project. Change the tempo and pitch; normalize or reverse the audio; preview, move, extend, or cut certain sections; add track envelopes. Use many of the same powerful features found in SONAR Producer Edition including multi-clip edits, loop-rolling, fade drawing, and more. And with SONAR Home Studio 6 you can feel free to experiment with non-destructive editing and unlimited undo/redo.
Mix & Share Your Music
Mixing in SONAR Home Studio 6 is easy with Track Icons—no more guessing which track contains guitar or which track has the vocals. Mute, Solo, Pan, and change the Gain all in one view to achieve the best mix. Add effects to your mix, and A/B them with just a click of a button. Professional metering provides the visual feedback you need for better real-time mixing. Mix in a more traditional studio console view or use your own control surface hardware to get the feel of real knobs and faders.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Vista x64
- Processor Speed: Intel® Pentium® 4 1.3 GHz, or AMD™ Athlon XP 1500+ or higher (Intel® Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz [EM64T], or AMD™ Athlon 64 2800+or higher recommended)
- RAM: 256 MB (1 GB or higher recommended)
- Graphics (resolution, color depth): 1024 x 768, 16-bit color
- Hard Disk Space: 100 MB for core program, 2 GB for program and content
- Hard Disk Type Any EIDE/Ultra DMA (7200 RPM) or SATA
- MIDI Interface Windows-compatible Windows-compatible
- Audio Interface Windows-compatible WDM- or ASIO-compatible, including WaveRT for Vista
- Optical Drive DVD-ROM, DVD+/-R, or DVD+/-RW for installation, CD-R or CD-RW capability required for CD audio disc burning
- Web Server Access Available web server space with FTP access priviledges