Boss BR-864 Digital Recording Studio
The BOSS BR-864 puts 8-track digital recording in the palm of your hand. Never has so much power been available in such a small package. With features like 64 Virtual Tracks, onboard COSM effects, CompactFlash media for recording and a built-in USB port, the BR-864 has everything guitarists and songwriters need to turn ideas into songs.
- Compact 8-track digital recording studio with intuitive BOSS-style operation
- Uses 128MB CompactFlash media (included) for over 60 minutes of recording time
- 8-track simultaneous playback; 64 Virtual Tracks (V-Tracks) for recording
- Programmable Rhythm Guide drum track with Tone Load function
- Insert/Loop effects with COSM Guitar Amp Modeling and Bass Simulator, plus new wah effects, guitar synth and Harmonist
- New dedicated track EQ for all 8 playback tracks
- Instrument/Hi-Z Instrument input, XLR and 1/4-inch Microphone inputs, plus stereo RCA Line input
- USB port for .WAV/AIFF file exchange with PCs; S/PDIF digital output and built-in microphone and battery power for recording any time, any place
Affordable and Portable
The BR-864 is not only BOSS’ smallest 8-track recorder, but it’s also their most affordable. With 64 Virtual Tracks, there’s plenty of room to track multiple overdubs, vocals and instruments. A 128MB CompactFlash card comes standard, giving you over an hour’s worth of high-quality recording time.
Easy USB File Exchange and Data Backup
A built-in USB port makes it easy to import and export audio with USB-equipped computers. Now you can load and convert .WAV/AIFF files from your Mac or PC directly into a track, or export your song for CD-burning and MP3 creation. The USB port also makes for a great way to archive and backup recordings to your computer’s hard drive.
A World of High-Quality Effects
Thanks to COSM modeling, guitarists can plug right into the BR-864 and get killer tone every time. Simply choose from several COSM Amp Models and you’ll sound huge. There’s even a Bass Simulator that lets you lay down bass from a guitar - plus several new effects like wah, guitar synth and a Harmonist for scale - intelligent pitch shifting.
Rhythm Guide Redux
The Rhythm Guide function has been beefed up considerably for the BR-864. First, BOSS added full programmability, meaning you can tap in your own drum patterns in addition to the dozens of great-sounding presets. A new Tone Load function lets you add custom drum sounds by importing .WAV/AIFF files. Best of all, the Rhythm Guide doesn’t use any of the 64 recording tracks, so you still get eight playback tracks and drums.
While anyone can benefit from the BR-864’s portability and power, guitarists in particular will appreciate having a dedicated Hi-Z input and onboard tuner. There’s also a Phrase Trainer function that lets you slow down riffs, making them easier to learn. And since the BR-864 runs on batteries, you can take this little 8-track studio anywhere.