BitHeadz Unity Session
Unity Session is the latest release in the Bit Headz product line. It brings a number of their existing professional software programs into one convenient package. Unity Session combines the functionality of hardware samplers, analog synthesizers, and physically modeled instruments into one fully integrated environment. An instrument so pure in sound, so rich in texture, and so dedicated to the art of creating music that it has united the acoustic past with the electric present to bring you the virtual future of sound generation and creation.
Session brings the world's of Unity DS-1 and Unity AS-1 (formerly Retro AS-1) together by allowing both programs to be supported within the same Mixer and Editor applications. All of the Libraries, Banks and Programs are now selected and assigned within the same Mixer application. The Unity Editor will allow you to create and/or edit DS-1 and AS-1 banks, as well as opening and converting Gigasampler, Unity 2.x, Retro 2.x Sound Font 2.0, Sample Cell II and DLS files on the fly.
In addition to the sample formats available for editing through the Mixer, you will also be able to convert a number of other formats through the conversion utility included in Session. You favorite Akai S-1000/S-3000 and Roland S-760/S-770 formatted samples can easily be converted and brought into Session.
With the release of Session, Bit Headz will also be introducing physical models into the Unity world. There will be four physical models including Clarinet, Flute, Hammered String and Bowed String. You will be able to go in and physically modify the characteristics of the instrument.
You can then combine all of the components of the Unity Session program and create an instrument. The instruments are essentially patches made up of DS-1 and/or AS-1 Programs in a layer, a split, or a split-layer. The newly created instruments are then saved in a standard Bank and can be selected within an application just like any Program.
- Mac OS 10.1 and 8.6 through 9.2 compatible
- No additional hardware required
- Outstanding 32-bit, 96 kHz sound quality
- Up to 256 note polyphony (CPU dependent)
- FreeMIDI, OMS, PC-300 & OS X CoreMIDI compatible
- MAS, VST, RTAS, DirectConnect, & ReWire support
- Over 2 gigabytes of content including Black & Whites pianos, Pop Drums, and new Orchestral Strings library
- True stereo signal path
- Selectable interpolation: linear, quadratic, and Lagrange
- Option to automatically split samples (for Audio CD's)
- Built-in sample editor which includes stereo record function with level controls
- DSP functions include Normalize, Gain, EQ, & more
- 3 stereo oscillators per voice
- 2 stereo filters per voice
- 8-octave range per oscillator
- Frequency modulation from any oscillator or filter
- Clarinet, Flute, Hammered String, and Bowed String
- Plays 24-bit Gigasampler, Retro AS-1, Unity DS-1, Sound Designer II, AIFF, SampleCell II, DLS, SoundFont 2 and WAVE files
- Converts CD-Audio
- Osmosis included for Akai S-1000, and Roland S-760
- Play samplers, synthesizers, and physical models at the same time in user defined Splits & Layers
- Up to 128 samples per MIDI note selectable via velocity or controller cross-switching
- Per-sample volume, tune, pan, sample start, FX send, envelope and mute grouping.
- Clarinet, Flute, Hammered String, and Bowed String Filters
- 2 assignable stereo filters per voice
- 13 filter types, including 4-pole resonant low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, all-pass, notch, & state-variable
- Assign 2 MIDI and 2 audio FX per channel
- Assign 2 Send FX and 2 Global FX on Master outs
|There is no specification information available for this product.|