Avid Universal Slave Driver
High-quality, Versatile Synchronization Device for Pro Tools Systems.
The Digidesign Universal Slave Driver (USD) is a high-quality, multi-purpose synchronization device designed for use with Pro Tools systems. It supports all major industry-standard clocks and formats and can also act as a stand-alone time code reader/generator, with a front panel that features LED status indicators, function switches, and a large time code display. The USD will provide a complete solution for any audio professional in need of the highest quality and synchronization accuracy for Digidesign audio products.
Achieving near sample accurate lock to time code with a high-fidelity low-jitter clock, the Universal Slave Driver (USD) supports all major industry-standard clock sources, time code formats and pull-up/pull-down rates for film and video.
Whereas some digital audio workstations use software or inexpensive hardware-based solutions to resolve audio playback to time code, causing audible artifacts, the clock on the USD is extremely low-jitter, providing maximum audio fidelity when locked to varying external timing sources such as free-running LTC.
The USD sports a large, easy-to-read time code display and supports direct translation of bi-phase and tach pulses to the various output formats. It also has the ability to generate LTC, VITC2, MTC, Super Clock, Word Clock and AES Null Clock while simultaneously locked to one of the supported clocks or positional reference formats. In addition, the USD can superimpose a visible time code window-burn onto the video-in signal.
- Near sample-accurate, lock to time code or bi-phase/tach signals when integrated with the host software
- High-fidelity, low-jitter clock
- Supports all major industry-standard clock sources
- Supports all industry-standard time code formats
- Supports industry-standard pull-up/pull-down rates for film/video
- Integrated support in AudioVision. 4.0
- Integrated support in upcoming Pro Tools release
- Easy to control through front panel or software
- Includes insertable window-burn
- Sony 9-Pin connectors for machine control communication from the supported host software (when integrated with the host software)
Universal Slave Driver with power and connector cables.
Macintosh: Qualified Mac OS system running Pro Tools 4.0 (or higher)
Windows: Qualified Windows system running Pro Tools 4.2.5 (or higher)
- SMPTE Input (Longitudinal Time Code): -24 to +20dBu; 200K ohms; balanced female XLR
- SMPTE Output: -24dBu to +9dBu; <5K ohms; balanced Male XLR
- VITC Input(Vertical Interval Time Code): Lines 10 to 40 (all-line) or 10 to 22 (single-line)
- VITC Outputs: Two lines, lines 10 to 20
- Word Clock Input/Output: 1x sample rate TTL level
- Super Clock Input/Output (Slave Clock): 256x sample rate; TTL level; BNC female connector
- Video Sync Inputs: NTSC/PAL formats
- AES-EBU Digital Audio Input (AES null): 5 V p-p; 110 ohms; balanced female XLR
- AES-EBU Digital Audio Outputs (AES null): 5 V p-p; 110 ohms; balanced male XLR
- Bi-phase/Tach Input: 0 to 76.8kHz frequency; 3 - 5.5 V opto-isolated; 10 mA; 2 - 255 modulo; programmable polarity
- Pilot Input: 50/60Hz nominal frequency; 100 mV to 5.5 V
- Resolver Inputs: Word Clock, Super Clock, Video Sync, LTC, AES-EBU, Bi-Phase/Tach, Pilot Tone
- GPI (General Purpose Interface): Four opto-isolated TTL inputs; two TTL level outputs; four relay-switched through circuits (1.5 amps max)
- 9-pin Input/Output: RS-422 machine control ports; Up to 38.4 Kbaud; 9-pin D-subminiature female connectors
- PC connection: RS-232 serial port; 25-pin D-subminiature female connector
- Macintosh connection: Mac serial port format; 8-pin mini DIN female connector
- MTC Output: 15 mA current loop; 31.25 Kbaud
- Nominal Output Sample R