Avid Avid Xpress Studio Complete Upgrade from Digi 002
Take your creativity to the next level with Avid Xpress Studio Complete. Five integrated applications plus integrated hardware. The Digi 002 automated control surface controls both Avid Xpress Pro and Avid Pro Tools LE software. Avid Mojo delivers real-time output of finished video and effects, client monitor previews for Avid 3D and Avid FX, uncompressed SD, and more.
Avid 3D: Animation for busy storytellers
Start animating quickly with hundreds of models, then simply drag-and-drop your animation directly into the Avid Xpress Pro timeline.
Avid FX: Add titles, effects, and more
With over 110 effects filters, 1500 templates, and a full set of graphics creation tools, Avid FX combines unmatched creative power and ease-of-use.
Avid DVD by Sonic: Professional SD & HD authoring
Create sophisticated, interactive DVD titles in DS or Blu-ray without a long learning curve. Integrated DVD authoring technology makes it fast and easy.
Avid Pro Tools LE: Professional audio design and mixing
Unleash the power of Digidesign® 002 hardware and sync between video and audio media with unmatched ease and accuracy.
Avid Moj Advanced I/O and acceleration
Avid Mojo hardware adds expanded digital and analog I/O; video and effects acceleration; SD and HD monitoring; simultaneous capture and output; and more.
Digi 002: Fingertip audio/video control
Professional control surface for Avid Pro Tools LE and Avid Xpress Pro features eight motorized faders for mixing and recording multiple channels of audio.
System Requirements:Supported Processors
- Dual or Single 2.4 GHz Xeon processor
- Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor
- Pentium M 1.8 GHz processor (mobile)
- Note: The boot drive should be IDE, SCSI, or SATA 7200 RPM. Do not use internal SCSI as a boot device if you also plan on adding external SCSI drives (in that case use IDE or SATA).
- Windows XP Professional w/Service Pack 2
Open GL graphics cards
- 1.5 GB minimum, 2.0 GB recommended. Increased memory size will improve high stream count play performance.
- Nvidia Quadro FX 1400 PCI Express
- Nvidia QuadroFX 1300 PCI Express
- Nvidia QuadroFX 1100 AGP 8x
- Nvidia QuadroFX 500 AGP 8X
Note : Although supported, use of the NVIDIA Quadro 4 980 XGL in a dual-monitor configuration may result in performance degradation during tasks such as scratch removal, auto color correction, or general color correction when the safe color warnings are enabled, or using the eyedropper to select colors in Effect Mode. Single monitor systems with an NVIDIA Quadra 4 980 XGL perform properly. Add-in IEEE-1394 PCI card (required if no built-in 1394):
Sample Media Storage Configurations
- Note: The add-in PCI card must be a universal PCI card with the Texas Instruments chip set. Current qualified /supported cards include:
- ADS Pyro PCI 64, part #API-311
- SIIG 1394 3-Port PCI i/e, part #NN-440012
- 8-way stripe set for video storage plus 1 basic SCSI drive for audio storage.
- 4-way stripe set for video storage plus 1 basic SCSI drive for audio storage.
- 1 basic SCSI drive for video storage plus 1 basic SCSI drive for audio storage.
- System internal drive/s for video and audio. Internal media drives can be IDE, SATA, or SCSI. If you plan on adding external SCSI do not use internal SCSI drives (in that case use IDE or SATA).
- External Firewire Drives (7200 RPM)
- Note: 8-way or 4-way stripe sets can be single or dual channel.
- Note: The configurations listed above were tested by Avid Technology. You should determine what your particular storage requirements and performance need to be and select a drive configuration accordingly. Drives are listed from highest capacity/performance to lowest capacity/performance.
The basic SCSI drive for audio is only a requirement for Avid Pro Tools LE Notes:
- On Avid Xpress Studio Complete, FireWire drives should be connected to the add-in 1394 card and the Digi 002 should be chained off the drive. The Avid Mojo component should be connected to the integrated FireWire port. DV cameras and decks should be connected via the Avid Mojo DV port.
- On Avid Xpress Studio Essentials, FireWire drives can be connected to the available FireWire port. DV cameras and decks should be chained off the drive.