Ableton Live Lite TO Live 7 Digital Audio Workstation UPGRADE
If you are a registered owner of Abelton's Live Lite, you are eligible for this upgrade to Full Version 7 and save big!!
Ableton Live 7 is your companion during every stage of the musical process, from creation to production to performance. Live offers intuitive 32-bit/192 kHz multitrack recording, powerful and creative MIDI sequencing, Mackie Control compatibility, creative built-in effects, non-destructive editing, powerful automation, VST and AU effect and instrument support, a track freeze function, plug-in delay compensation, full support for ReWire, ASIO and CoreAudio, and much more. Live provides all of the professional tools to get the job done and the intuitive workflow that makes it enjoyable.
Record perfectly cut loops on the fly, mix and match audio of any tempo, and add effects, all without ever stopping the music: Everything happens in real time. Follow your inspiration and use your time more creatively, instead of spending it converting sample rates, calculating tempos, editing loops and routing complicated effect chains. Live keeps the music flowing and gives you back your creative time.
Version 7 Renews the Core of Live!
Enhanced Audio Engine
Live 7's enhanced audio engine improves fidelity with precision 64-bit summing at all mix points throughout the program, POW-r dithering, optimized sample-rate conversion and other advances.
The new compressor device integrates the compression models of Compressor I and II, and offers a new model based on a feedback design commonly found in the most praised vintage compressors.
Fully integrated side-chaining capability is available for the new Compressor as well as Gate and Auto Filter.
Device High-Quality Modes
Operator, Dynamic Tube and Saturator now feature optional High-Quality modes for anti-aliased processing, reducing typical "digital" artifacts.
EQ Eight—New and Improved
EQ Eight sports an improved user interface and a new 64-bit mode for increased accuracy and fidelity.
The new Spectrum device is an analyzer that provides real-time visual feedback for any audio signals within Live (and it looks really cool!).
Improved MIDI Timing
The MIDI engine has been reworked and we were able to significantly reduce timing error (jitter) of recorded MIDI.
Easy Hardware Integration
Hardware integration has been streamlined with the addition of two new devices—External Instrument and External Audio Effect—allowing hardware synthesizers and effects to be inserted into device chains just like software plug-ins.
Enhanced Memory Management
New memory management technology allows users of large sample libraries, such as Ableton's new sampled instruments or third-party libraries imported via Sampler, to run an impressive number of instruments at the same time. This happens automatically, with no setup changes required.
Audio Engine Fact Sheet
The Audio Engine Fact Sheet explains exactly how signals are (or are not) being modified when performing fundamental audio operations in Live, and provides tips for achieving the highest quality results.
MIDI Engine Fact Sheet
The MIDI Engine Fact Sheet documents MIDI timing tests on both Windows and Mac platforms using various MIDI interfaces and describes exactly what users can expect in terms of MIDI timing accuracy. Coming Soon.
Live 7 Brings the Most Requested Features
Time Signature Changes
Live 7 allows the use of multiple time signatures within a single Live Set in the Arrangement View timeline and Session View Scenes.
Video that has been edited or warped in Live can be exported to a new file.
Multiple automation lanes per track can be displayed and edited at the same time.
A new "tempo nudge" function makes it easier to synchronize to live musicians or DJs.
REX files can be dragged, dropped and played just like WAV or AIFF files.
Many Other Important Improvements
Live, Operator and Sampler have received many important improvements and additions based on users' requests.
Ableton Live 7 is your companion during every stage of the musical process, from creation to production to performance.
The Live Concept
Live offers two main views—the Session View and the Arrangement View—that interact in a powerful and unique way, allowing you to create, produce and perform your music all in a single application. Here is the principle behind each view:
Live's unique Session View acts as a powerful musical sketch and launch pad, allowing you to try out new ideas easily and improvise freely. Each cell in the Session View grid can hold a recording, MIDI file, or any other musical idea. These ideas can be recorded on the fly or dragged in from the Browser and played in any order and at any time you wish.
The Arrangement View offers a timeline-based approach for traditional multitrack recording, MIDI sequencing and other music production tasks. You can even improvise in the Session View, and all of your actions will be recorded into the Arrangement View, where they can be edited whenever you like.
- Elastic Audio Manipulate the tempo and feel of your music as it plays.
- Uninterrupted Creative Flow Record, mix, match and add effects without ever stopping the music.
- Defy the Timeline Freely improvise musical structure instead of constructing it.
- For Studios Bring the creative power of Live to your studio environment.
- For Players and Composers Ready to play on stage and compose in the studio, right out of the box.
- For Sound Designers Create radical variations of your samples in real time.
- For DJs Elevate your DJ sets. Remix, mash up and produce your music.
- No Idea Lost Effortlessly build and browse your library of musical ideas.
- Hands On Control Express yourself with your hands (or your feet!)
Live 7 Features
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192kHz
- Complete nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files, for improvisation and instant remixing
- A comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs
- Built-in software instruments: Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, Impulse for sampled drums
- Instrument-, Drum-, Effect Racks for creating and managing complex performance setups, drum kits and multi-effects
- VST and AU effects and instruments support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- REX file support and native sliced audio file creation
- Video import and export for scoring to picture or warping picture to music
- Real-time control of parameters with any MIDI controller—just MIDI-map it or choose from a list of popular supported controllers for instant mapping
- Full ReWire support
- Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
- Essential Instruments Collection 2 — A multi-gigabyte library of meticulously sampled instruments providing a choice selection of acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, bass, drums, orchestral strings, brass, woodwinds and more. (boxed version only)
- Loops and construction kits: Unnatural Selection by (boxed version only)
- Printed reference manual in English, Spanish, French, German or Japanese (boxed version only)
- Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
- Localized software menus, tutorials, and PDF reference manuals available in English, Spanish, French, German and Japanese
Mac: Any G4 or faster, (Intel Mac recommended) 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.3.9 (10.4 or later recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive
Windows: 1.5 GHz CPU or faster, 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive