The Gibson Les Paul Junior
The Gibson Les Paul Junior was originally released in the early 1950s as a $99 beginner’s level guitar built with the premium quality expected from all Les Paul guitars. The Les Paul Junior was, and still is a major hit among up-and-coming guitarists because of its simplistic, yet high quality design. But its basic features have also appealed to accomplished guitarists looking for the classic, unique Les Paul sound with a distinctly raw edge. With the Les Paul Junior, it’s a proven fact that less is more when you just want to rock, plain and simple.
The Les Paul Junior has less amenities than the Les Paul Standard, but is guaranteed to be as playable, unique, and well crafted as the most expensive Les Paul models. The Junior offers just as much freedom to experiment as any other Les Paul.
- Solid mahogany body with a set-in mahogany neck optimizes resonance and a classic heavy feel
- Rosewood fingerboard with acrylic dot inlays allow for easy movement up and down the 22 frets
- The single coil P-90 pickup combined a crunchy treble output with a dash of the classic warm Les Paul tone
- A vintage wraparound bridge/tailpiece keeps each string in place and in tune through constant use
- One volume and one tone knob make adjusting the Les Paul Junior’s output as easy as a flick of the wrist
- The black pick guard keeps the nitrocellulose finish underneath free from harm when you’re rocking out