A True Classic
The Fender Standard Stratocaster has the design and features that have made the Stratocaster the iconic instrument that it is today. It is available in three variations:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster (also offered in a left-handed version)
- Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS featuring a humbucking pickup in the bridge postion
- Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS Floyd Rose which adds a licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo
The Standard Stratocaster is a great value and gets you all the essentials you would expect in a Strat - and then some:
- Its Comfort Contour body is made of Alder
- It has the modern C-shaped maple neck with a satin polyurethane neck finish to make it easy to move your hand.
- It has chrome hardware, white plastic parts, ping standard cast/sealed tuning machine.
- It comes with a choice of rosewood or maple fingerboard.
- You can also choose from the regular 3 pickup configuration or the HSS version with a humbucker
- For a few dollars more, you can get a version with a locking nut and Floyd Rose tremolo (instead of the standard vintage tremolo that normally comes with the Standard Strat). Although great Strat artists have loved the tremolo effects of the vintage style tremolo since the 1950's, some found that it made intonation a problem. Hence the Floyd Rose tremolo system to assure that the strings go right back into perfect intonation every time.
Standard vs American Standard
What does the Fender American Standard Stratocaster have that the Fender Standard Stratocaster doesn't have?
- A deluxe hardshell case for one thing (instead you'll get the Fender gig bag that lets you conveniently carry your guitar backpack fashion with your hand free and gives you plenty of room for accessories).
- Higher output Alnico V pickups
- Copper-infused cast bridge block for extended sustain
- Hand-rolled frets for a more comfortable feel on the neck.