The Fender Select Stratocaster starts with an iconic work of handmade American craftsmanship and turns it into a work of American art. If you are among the select group of players who really appreciate the luthier’s art then you must own one of these fine instruments.
The Fender Select Stratocaster comes in the traditional SSS configuration with 3 Fender Select Single-Coil Pickups or in an HSS configuration with two Fender Select® Single Coil Pickups in the neck and middle positions and a Fender Select humbucker at the bridge. All Fender Select Pickups have been specially voiced with a warm tone and extra sustain. You’ll find the HSS model ideal for rock and metal performance while the all single coil model excels for blues and classic rock sounds. Weighing in at less than 8lbs, this baby is a joy to hold for hours of comfortable performance
Traditional Features. The features that have made the Stratocaster great are all here:
- Comfort Contour Alder body with 3-ply parchment pickguard
- Four-bolt neck attachment with Micro-Tilt adjustment
- Two-point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage Style bent steel saddles
- Tinted, modern C-shaped neck
- Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning machines with permanent lubrication
- Bi-Flex™ Truss Rod System for rock solid stability
Fender Select improvements:
- Gorgeous Triple A quality carved flame maple top with a fine lacquer high gloss finish in Antique Burst (HSS models) or Dark Cherry Burst (SSS). The lacquer finish allows the wood beneath to breathe allowing for better tone and a look that improves with age.
- New compound radius fretboard (9.5” radius at the nut and 14” radius at the bridge) makes for a smoother playing experience, easier chording at the low notes and faster playing at the high notes.
- The HSS model has a rosewood fretboard with white pearloid inlays while the SSS model has a flame maple fretboard with black pearloid inlays.
- The new Copper-infused, high-mass, 100% metal bridge block improves your ability to sustain notes.
- The Double A quality maple neck has a gloss finish on the front, satin on the back to allow your hands to slide easily up and down the scales.
- “No-load” tone control for middle and bridge pickups allowing you to fully bypass the tone circuit to give you the pure sound of the Fender Select® Pickups.
- Vintage style bent steel bridge saddles
- Locking Tuning Machines to keep the instrument in tune longer
- Fender Select medallion on the back of the headstock
- Custom G&G Fender case