The American Standard Stratocaster takes all the traditional features that have made the Stratocaster an iconic solid body electric guitar and, without adding any unnecessary bells and whistles, improves them with the knowledge gained from Fender's 50 years of guitar-making experience.
For 2012, the American Standard Stratocaster has been improved with Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s pickups. These have a classic 1950s sound but with “more attitude,” due to their enhanced bass response. Models with three single-coil pickups feature 3 of these beauties and HSS models have 2 Fat '50s pickups at the neck and middle position, plus a sweet Fender Diamondback humbucking pickup at the bridge position. Remarkably, the models with these fine custom shop pickups cost only slightly more than their predecessors:
American Standard Stratocaster with Custom Shop Pickups
American Standard Stratocaster HSS with Custom Shop Pickups
American Standard Stratocaster Left Handed with Custom Shop Pickups
The features that have made the Stratocaster great are all here:
- Comfort Contour Alder body with polyurethane finish and 3-ply parchment pickguard
- 9.5" radius fretboard and frets with hand-rolled edges for easy playing.
- Four-bolt neck attachment with Micro-Tilt adjustment
- Two-point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage Style bent steel saddles
- Tinted, modern C-shaped neck
- Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning machines with permanent lubrication
- The fretboards in both maple and rosewood versions have been polished to a high gloss making them both more beautiful and comfortable.
- The new Copper-infused, high-mass, 100% metal bridge block improves your ability to sustain notes.
- The neck has a gloss finish on the front, satin on the back to allow your hands to slide easily up and down the scales.
- Delta Tone system: a no-load tone control for middle and bridge pickups. The vintage Stratocasters came with no tone control for the bridge pickup, giving you the bright natural sound of the pickup. Later models were wired so that one tone control operated on the neck pickup and the other on the middle and bridge pickup. Some think this lost some of the vintage Stratocaster tone. The new Delta Tone system gives you a "no load" tone control allowing you to remove the tone circuit from the bridge and middle pickup at will restoring the brightness of the vintage Strat.
- New American Standard bent steel bridge saddles
- Staggered tuning keys
- Thinner undercoat for better body resonance
- SKB case with TSA locks. If you have to put your Strat out of your hands for travel, this is the only way to go.
The American Standard Stratocaster is also available in a left-handed version as well as an HSS version.