Today's Special, Served Hot!
The American Special Stratocaster has a unique combination of price and features that make it one of the best values in American made Strats. The American Special Strat costs only a little more than the Highway One model. For that little extra, it is packed with improvements. As with the Highway One model you sacrifice very little for the savings, other than the hardshell case that comes with other American Stratocasters. Instead, you get an excellent deluxe gig bag. The American Special is served two ways:
- Fender American Special Stratocaster
- Fender Amercian Special Stratocaster HSS which features a humbucker pickup in the bridge position.
What makes the Fender American Special Stratocaster special?
Pickups and electronics:
- Texas Special Pickups. The basic American Special Stratocaster comes with 3 Texas Special single coil pickups. The same pickups that grace the coveted Stevie Ray Vaughn Stratocaster, but for a fraction of the price.
- Atomic Humbucker. The HSS model replaces the bridge pickup with a hot Fender Atomic Humbucking pickup. This is a well rounded high output pickup, using Alnico 5 magnets and known for its high end crunch and driving midrange.
- Greasebucket Tone circuit. Both models use the famous greasebucket tone circuit that lets you roll off the treble without adding bass, so your sound remains clear
- Modern “C”-shape maple neck with satin urethane finish makes it easier to slide your hand along the neck.
- The 9-1/2” -radius maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets for easy string bending.
- Standard cast sealed tuners are permanently lubricated.
- Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Of course the American Special Stratocaster is beautiful too! It has all the fine craftsmanship and finish that have made Fender the oldest and most respected makers of solid body electric guitars. The body is alder with a satin urethane finish, and 3-ply parchment (on the SSS model) or black (on the HSS) pickguard.