Epiphone Les Paul Standard Tribute
The Epiphone Tribute Les Paul Standard was created in honor of Gibson's long standing relationship with the late Les Paul. It has many of the same specifications as the Les Paul Standard, but has several "good as it gets" features to make this an especially good value for exceptionally good performance.
- The pickups are not Epiphone, instead you get a pair of real Gibson USA "57 Classic Humbucking Pickups (the Classic at the neck position and the Classic Plus at the bridge position). Both pickups are replicas of the 1957 vintage humbuckers, down to the "Patent Applied For" decal, with Alinico II magnets, enamel coated wire, and vintage style braided wiring. The Classic Plus pickup gives a slightly higher output, like vintage bridge pickups which got several extra coils of magnet wire.
- Push/pull tone potentiometers allow you to switch between series and parallel pickup circuitry. This gives you a whole new tone palette in addition to the traditional Les Paul sounds.
- Old style Deep set neck tenon. The neck tenon (the part of the neck that anchors to the body of the guitar) is set deep into the neck pickup cavity so that the neck and body have resonance and sustain like a single block of wood. This is reminiscent of Les' original "log" solid body design.
- There are two options for neck shape, either a 1960's SlimTaper; D profile or an Asymmetrical; combination D9 (bass side) and C (treble side) with more curvature at the top for an ergonomic design. Both have quality Grover locking machine heads.
- Plain Maple Carved Top with white binding
- A Hardshell Case is included.