Today's Special, Served Hot!
American Special Stratocaster
has a unique combination of price and features that
make it one of the best values in American made Strats. The American Special Strat costs only a
little more than the Highway One model. For that little extra, it is packed with
improvements. As with the Highway One model you sacrifice very little for the savings, other than
the hardshell case that comes with other American Stratocasters. Instead, you get an excellent
deluxe gig bag. The American Special is served two ways:
What makes the Fender American Special Stratocaster special?
Pickups and electronics:
- Texas Special Pickups. The basic American Special Stratocaster comes with 3 Texas Special
single coil pickups. The same pickups that grace the coveted Stevie Ray Vaughn Stratocaster, but
for a fraction of the price.
- Atomic Humbucker. The HSS model replaces the bridge pickup with a hot Fender Atomic Humbucking
pickup. This is a well rounded high output pickup, using Alnico 5 magnets and known for its high
end crunch and driving midrange.
- Greasebucket Tone circuit. Both models use the famous greasebucket tone circuit that lets
you roll off the treble without adding bass, so your sound remains clear
- Modern “C”-shape maple neck with satin urethane finish makes it easier to slide your hand along
- The 9-1/2” -radius maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets for easy string bending.
- Standard cast sealed tuners are permanently lubricated.
- Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Of course the American Special Stratocaster is beautiful too! It has all the fine
craftsmanship and finish that have made Fender the oldest and most respected makers of solid body
electric guitars. The body is alder with a satin urethane finish, and 3-ply parchment (on the
SSS model) or black (on the HSS) pickguard.