Metal Amp Room was designed to bring you the most brutal, evil and aggressive sound that is possible to squeeze out of your DAW. It was co-developed with Patrik Jensen (The Haunted) and tailored to his needs. The continuous mic placement from Vintage Amp Room is back, but this time with twin mics with adjustable stereo panning. Get a huge stereo sound with complex adjustable phasing effects, a plain old one-mic-right-against-the-cone, or anything in between. The cabinets were measured in the In Flames studio (previously known as Studio Fredman) by Tue Madsen and Patrik Jensen.
Focusing on usability and sound quality, this is a plug-in that is proud not to include a gazillion amps, effects racks, patch cords, or a blow- dryer. Just two channels, two cabinets, two mics per cabinet, and a wickedly fast noise gate for palm mute galore. Every setting is a setting that will sound good, so it's almost impossible to get a useless sound. Metal Amp Room is a real workhorse, a plug-in that will handle all your metal needs without ever getting in your way.
Features• A brutal metal amp...
• ... with a raw & authentic sound
• And a program-dependent guitar noise gate
• Two cabs with two mics per cabinet
• Easy to use balancing stereo mic preamp for balancing the two mics
• Flexible & continuous click-and-drag mic positioning
• Fully automatable parameters
• 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface
• Compatible with all effects that work with real amps
• NEW in v.1.1! Amp/Cab Bypass possiblities
Program-Dependent One-Knob Gate
The gate in Metal Amp Room will automatically analyze your playing. Fast playing will give you an extremely fast gate, while slow playing will yield a slower closing gate. Regardless of playing style, the gate will always react instantaneously and open up faster than any hardware gate, without adding any latency to the signal.
Double mics on double cabs
Both cabinets have two mics each, one dynamic and one condenser. Fully flexible mic positioning, link mic functionality and realistic room resonance modeling will give you just the result you need, and much more.
Intuitive Stereo Control
The Balancing Stereo Preamp will always keep your guitar signal focused, while giving you easy access to the features you want to use. While keeping the guitar signal centered, you can easily monitor each mic, change the stereo width of the signal, and dial in the sound that you want.
Bypass Amp or Cabinet
By popular demand we have added the possibility to bypass either the amp sim or the cabinet simulation to version 1.1. The most straight-forward use of this feature is to use the amp simulation together with your favorite real-life guitar cabinet, or to use the cabinet simulations together with the line-out signal from your amplifier.
Native version• Mac OS X (10.4 or higher), Windows XP or higher
• Mac: Intel or PowerPC processor (G3 or higher), Windows: PIII or higher
• 512 MB RAM
• Any VST, AudioUnits or RTAS compatible host application
• iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers
• Pro Tools 7.0 compatible hosts required for RTAS