- Hot Deals
- Live Sound
- Microphones & Wireless
- DJ & Lighting
Be the first toWrite a Review
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Buy Extended Service Plan ( What This? )
The Millennia HV-3D is a eight channel, fully matched microphone preamplifier of uncompromising sonic character, technical specification, and mechanical workmanship.
The Millennia HV-3D is a eight channel, fully matched microphone preamplifier of uncompromising sonic character, technical specification, and mechanical workmanship. The HV-3D offers multiple channels of HV-3C preamplifiers at significantly less per-channel cost.
With circuitry identical to Millennia's acclaimed HV-3C series high voltage microphone preamplifier, the HV-3D offers high resolution gain switching (36 steps @ 1.5 dB per step), optional B&K (DPA) 130V mic input option on every channel, DC-coupled input option on every channel for optimizing ribbon and other dynamic mics, a passive summing option, and remote gain control.
Unlike preamps using vacuum tubes, IC function modules, and audio transformers (all of which lend their own audio coloration), Millennia's HV-3 micamp architecture is precisely optimized towards capturing the subtlest detail of music and ambience. With +23 dBu native input headroom, the HV-3D requires no input pads or switch points as found on common "textbook" preamp designs - thus avoiding yet another source of sonic degradation. Moreover, with its +32 dBu output headroom, ultra-high dynamic stability and linearity is assured.
HV-3D signal path from input through output is entirely balanced with a minimum amplifier topology. Uncompromising circuit design with meticulous selection and matching of critical components assures consistently transparent audio performance at all dynamic excursions and frequency extensions. Moreover, standard audio cables over 1000 feet in length have been driven from HV-3 mic preamps with no immediately detectable signal degradation.
Features and Specifications:
• HIGH SPEED TRANSFORMERLESS DESIGN
• 23 dB INPUT & 32 dB OUTPUT HEADROOM (No Pads Required)
• ENTIRELY BALANCED AUDIO PATH
• OPTIONAL B&K (DPA) +130 VOLT INPUTS ON ALL CHANNELS
• OPTIONAL DC-COUPLED "RIBBON INPUTS" ON ALL CHANNELS
• LASER TRIMMED FET-BASED OUTPUT
• THD+N LESS TYPICALLY THAN 5 PPM (.0005%)
• MATCHED DISCRETE TRANSISTOR FRONT-END
• HIGH-RESOLUTION GAIN SWITCHES STANDARD (36 Steps)
• INTERCHANNEL GAIN MATCHED TO .04 dB
• FOUR CH. UNIT FACTORY UPGRADABLE TO EIGHT CH.
• FULLY SHIELDED INTERNAL TOROID POWER SUPPLY
• UNSURPASSED AMBIENCE RETRIEVAL
• EFFORTLESS, LIFELIKE MUSICAL PERFORMANCE AT ALL DYNAMIC LEVELS
HV3D 8 Channel Microphone Preamp
US and Canada: We will repair our products, free of charge, in the event of defect of materials or workmanship for one (1) year following date of purchase. Other Countries: The authorized Millennia distributor will repair our products, free of charge, in the event of defect of materials or workmanship for two (2) years from the manufacturing date.