Marantz is taking CD recording to the next level with the CDR310, the first truly portable, affordable CD-based field recorder. Whether for documentation, duplication, or archiving, audio CDs promote confidence through their permanence and universality. While digital recording and CD burning have been commonplace for several years, existing hardware has lacked the go-anywhere flexibility and ease of use that users have come to expect in the digital age. The CDR310 has changed all that.
• Digital hard disc recording in a variety of formats • Instant CD burning • Convenience and portability with one-touch record operation • Flexible record modes – Pre-Record, Background Record, Silent Skip, Adjustable Auto Track • Professional hardware from input to output
On-board hard drive records in your choice of formats: CD-DA, uncompressed WAV and AIFF, or MP3. The system records high quality, 16-bit audio at a 44.1 kHz sample rate, and the hard drive holds up to 110 hours of material (MP3 mono). You simply select the file type before recording, and the CDR310 handles the rest.
Instant CD Burning
At the conclusion of your meeting or event, your audio file can be burned to CD instantly. At the conclusion of recording, simply press the Make CD button and the CDR310 will ask if you want to burn to a CD. Just follow the on-screen prompts, and your disc will be ready in minutes. For events over 80 minutes long in CD-DA format, the CDR310 offers CD Split burning, dividing the contents over multiple discs automatically.
Convenience and Portability
One-touch record operation and an easy-to-read LCD status screen ensure fault-free recording, even for non-technical operators. Its lightweight design and battery operation capability makes the CDR310 equally at home inside an office or out in the field. When there’s no wall outlet around,the unit accepts AA alkaline batteries, or optional Ni-Cd and Ni-MH rechargeables. Using the optional RB1651 battery, the CDR310 delivers up to 4 hours of continuous operation.
Multi-mode Recording Features
The CDR310 incorporates Pre-Record mode along with Background Record to capture all the action. By simply powering up, the Pre-Record mode is engaged. This creates a rolling buffer of recorded audio, up to 10 seconds long (user selectable). So if your meeting or event starts unexpectedly, you’re protected. Once the event has begun, the Rec-Pause function activates Background Record mode. If there’s a break in the action, just hit Pause. If anything vital happens, it’s captured on the CDR310’s hard drive. When the meeting officially resumes and you release the Pause control, the CDR310 gives you the option of deciding whether to keep the audio captured during Background Record. Another easy-to-use option is Silent Skip recording. This function uses voice activation to save disc space by automatically pausing during quiet passages, creating a tighter, more client friendly recording.
Analog line level and balanced high perfomance XLR microphone inputs are included, as well as S/PDIF-format digital I/O with high quality A-D converters. The CDR310 also provides +48V phantom power, and even has an integrated condenser microphone and playback speaker right on board. Remote control is also available by using the optional RC600PMD.
Digital Audio System
• System CD Recorder
• Temporary Recording Media 1-inch HDD (4 GByte)
• Writeable CD Disc Media CD-R (CD-DA, ISO9660)
• Channels 2 (Stereo), 1 (Mono)
• Recording Audio Format MP3 (.mp3) MPEG Audio Layer III compression, WAVE (.wav) 16 Bit Linear PCM,
AIFF (.aif), 16 Bit Linear PCM, CD-DA (.cda) 16 Bit Linear PCM
• MP3 Recording Bit Rate 128 kbps / Stereo, 64 kbps / Mono
• Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz
• Maximum Recording Time MP3: 55 hrs (Stereo), 110 hrs (Mono), PCM: 5 hrs (Stereo), 10 hrs (Mono)
• DC Power (DA670PMD Only) DC 15V
• Battery 8 x AA, Alkaline / Ni-Cd / Ni-MH
• Power Consumption 5 W, DC (Recording / Playback), 0.3 W, DC (Standby)
• Battery Life (Alkaline) 4 hours (Typical)
• Dimensions: Width 9.7” (247 mm), Height 2.4” (60 mm) Depth 7.2” (184 mm)
• Weight (w/o Batteries) 2 lbs. 14 oz (1.3 kg)
Included Accessories: AC Adapter (DA670PMD), 8 x AA Battery Holder, User’s Guide