The 16-channel Mackie Onyx 1620i FireWire Recording Mixer combines the benefits of a powerful computer interface with the tactile, hands-on control of a sleek, space-saving premium analog mixer. Proven, professional features like eight Onyx mic preamps and classic Perkins EQ only accentuate the mixer’s ample connectivity and clear-cut workflow.
Qualified by Mackie for use will all major DAWs, including Pro Tools® M-Powered™ 8, the 1620i allows you to send channels, aux sends or master L/R signals discretely to your Mac or PC for recording. It’s a premium analog mixer that integrates seamlessly with your favorite DAW. A better way to record — Onyx-i.
Features• 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
• Qualified by Mackie for use will all major DAWs, including:
o Pro Tools® M-Powered™ 8 (For compatibility with Pro Tools M-Powered 8, users must also purchase the USD Mackie Universal Driver - sold
directly by Mackie - but FREE for a limited time)
o Ableton® Live• 8 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
• 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels
• 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
• Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
• 4 aux sends with pre/post assignment
• Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
• Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
• Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
• Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
• "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
• Optional rack kit available
• Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC
Equivalent Input Noise (EIN), mic input at insert, 150 Ohm source impedance, 20 to 20kHz: 60dB (max) gain: -127dBu, 40dB gain: -126.5dBu, Equivalent Input Noise (EIN), mic input at insert, 50 Ohm source impedance, A-weighted: 60 dB (max) gain: -130.5, 40dB gain: -130dBu, Output Noise Figure (1/4" Main out, all channels assigned to main, Gain knobs at unity, 20 Hz to 30 kHz): Main Mix knob down, channel Leve knobs down: -102dBu (-106 dB SNR, ref +4 dBu), Main Mix knob unity, channel Level knobs down: -92dBu (-96dB SNR, ref +4dBu), Main Mix knob unity, channel Level knobs unity: -88dBu (-92dB SNR, ref +4dBu), FireWire Through (Record + Playback) Dynamic Range: 0dBu mic input, to DAW, routed back to mixer direct to Control Room, all gain stages unity, 20Hz to 20kHz: 44.1kHz sample rate: -101.5dB, 96dKh sample rate: -104.5dB
20Hz to 20kHz, 20Hz to 80kHz bandwidth, Mic input at insert (+4dBu in, 0dB gain, +4dBu out): 0.005%, Mic input at insert (-36dBu in, +40dB gain, +4dBu out): 0.007%, Stereo channel line input to any output (+4dBu in, all gain stages at unity, +4dBu out): 0.005%, FireWire in and out (+4dBu in, mic input to FireWire send, returned to Control Room, all gain stages at unity: 44.1kHz sample rate: 0.01$ 20Hz to 2kHz, 0.02% 2kHz to 20kHz, 96kHz sample rate: 0.01% 10Hz to 1kHz, 0.03%, 1kHz to 47kHz