Roland AIRA Series TB-3 Touch BasslineSKU: RTB3XXXXX-P
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 4
- Video 3
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
Free Samson Headphones with purchase!
Free item will be added to your cart.
Select to Compare
Based on the wildly influential TB-303, the new Roland TB-3 Touch Bassline is a performance-ready bass synth with meticulously authentic sound and intuitive controls engineered to play.
Nobody could have anticipated what would happen to the world of dance music when Roland’s now-legendary TB-303 was embraced by inventive musicians on both sides of the Atlantic. Since the 1980s, the TB-303 has been a staple of electronic music. It's the defining sound of Acid House and has since been the marquis instrument on an array of groundbreaking electronic dance tracks. It’s not only been used to write songs, but it has songs written about it. In fact, the release of the TB-303 has been heralded as one the key events in the history of dance music. Not bad for a little silver box.
Launched in 1981, the TB-303 continues to be an indispensable bass synth for dance music. Roland has meticulously analyzed the circuitry of the TB-303 piece-by-piece and down to the individual circuit behavior. Using Analog Circuit Behavior technology they have fully reproduced both the saw-tooth and square wave oscillators as well as the -18dB/octave ladder low pass filter used in the original TB-303, capturing that unmistakable cutoff and resonance character. In addition to the faithful reproductions of classic TB tones, the TB-3 is packed with 134 sounds that live and breathe. Bubbling synth basses, hard distortion basses, trippy delay sounds and drippy effects. They’re all here - and then some.
A TB bass line not only sounds unique, but it has its own trademark feel as well. It squelches and glides like no other. That’s why Roland worked so hard to faithfully reproduce the Accent, Slide, and Step Sequencer behavior of the original unit. But they weren't satisfied with simply creating a reproduction. In reality, the step sequencer of the original TB-303 was not at all intuitive and required special programming just for the shuffle alone. With the TB-3, Roland took their time to create the ideal interface.
The new TB-3 is equipped with a brightly lit, green and red, pressure sensitive touch pad that lets you seamlessly create patterns and interact with the unit during performance. In addition to pitch and volume, you can tweak filters and even control modulation by simply pressing down on the pad with your finger. It also makes the keyboard a breeze to play.
• Envelope modulation and decay can be controlled with a single finger
• Switch patterns, transpose, and chain patterns with finger gestures
• Internally partitioned at keyboard intervals so it’s easy and natural to play in real-time
• XY PLAY (X: Continuous pitch change, Y: Volume, Press down on pad: Modulation)
The TB-3’s evolved Step Sequencer is a snap to use and allows seamless switching between pattern creation and performance. Of course, an attractive aspect of the original TB-303 was how it would sometimes generate unintended sounds as the user maneuvered through its complex and cryptic pattern creation operation. In order to inject that element of chance and discovery, the TB-3 has automatic pattern generation and random pattern modification.
The TB-3’s Scatter function features slicing, reverse, gating and other effects, instantly creating variations, stutters, and glitches that would normally require painstaking editing in a DAW. Complex, per-step functions are triggered easily with the Touch Pad and a single finger. Keep things fresh and interesting with 8 different types of Scatter variations and 10 levels of Scatter Depth – all controllable in real-time and in perfect sync.
Same as it ever was...
• Meticulously crafted using a pristine unit, original spec sheets and archival data
• ACB technology models each component and every aspect of the original TB-303 sound
• Faithful recreation of the original saw and square oscillator waveforms
• Elements that characterize TB-303, such as attack, slide, and tie have been fully reproduced, including how they interact with each other
• Authentic filter behavior with smooth response and authentic sound
What's new to offer?
• Pressure sensitive Touch Pad
• 134 sounds including 4 oscillator effects-processed tones
• Dedicated Tempo control with Shuffle and Tap Tempo
• Control built-in effects with smooth, responsive knobs
• 7 segment, 3 character LED display
• Seamless switch between pattern creation and performance
• 16-step indicator lights to aid in pattern creation
• Pattern support for up to 32 steps
• Easy access to Shuffle control for bass lines that groove
• Enter steps manually or record real-time on the Touch Pad
• Change Step Count during playback to alter phrase length
• Random pattern generation and pattern modification
• Pattern copy
• USB provides bus power and Audio/MIDI
• Designed to look and work seemlessly with other AIRA products
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- Quality of sound
- Small Size
- Solid build quality
- Amateur recording
- Live Performances
- Professional Recording
Comments about Roland Tb-3 Touch Bassline:
This unit does a great job at capturing the sound of the original 303, but giving you much more ability to customize your sound. Switching patterns couldn't be easier, and programming is a breeze. The variety of sounds is enormous and can be used for many different styles of music. Roland made a good move by developing this, so take advantage of their hard work! The possibilities of the TB-3 are nearly limitless.
- Was this a gift?:
Synthesizer Format Table Top Sound Engine Type ACB Modeling Controller Types Pressure sensitive touchpad
Polyphony 1 Number of Presets 134 Sounds
64 User Patterns
8 Scatter Presets
Number of Effects 2 Systems 10 types:
Comp, Ring Mod
Bit Crasher. Tremolo
Pitch Shift, Reverb
MIDI Sequencer Yes Audio Outputs 2 Audio Output Types 1/4" TS MIDI I/O Yes USB Yes Weight 1 lbs. 13 oz. Dimensions 9.45 x 6.81 x 2.24 inches (LxWxH) Series AIRA Model TB-3
Information not available