Orange Amplification OB1-500 500-Watt Rack-Mountable Bass Amplifier HeadSKU: OOB1500XX-P
- Images 10
Select to Compare
For years bassists have been combining guitar and bass amps to remarkable effect, adding harmonics and layers of overdrive from a guitar amp to their core bass tone in pursuit of the ultimate live sound. This 'bi-amp' trend got Orange thinking… why drag two amps to the show when you could take just one? The result is the OB1 Series of class A/B rack mountable bass heads which take care of this and much more besides.
The key to the OB1's unique sound is Orange's footswitchable Blend circuit, which adds a veneer of controllable gain and increased harmonic content to the upper registers of the input signal. The lower frequencies and clean signal are left alone, staying warm and clear just as they would be in a 'bi-amped' setup. Depending on where the Gain and Blend controls are set, the possibilities are limitless. Punch in the Blend control to achieve anything from a transparent clean boost, to all-out filthy grind, and everywhere in between.
OB1-500 shares the same layout and 2U rack dimensions as the less powerful OB1-300, coupled to a full fat 500-Watt output section to move some serious air.
'Bi-amp' Inspired Design
The OB1 splits the input instrument signal into two separate paths. One side amplifies the clean signal, with all the clarity you would expect from Orange. The other adds up to two stages of distortion to the upper harmonics only, controllable via the amp's Gain knob. These two elements are combined using the amplifier's Blend control which adjusts the mix between clean and dirty. The Blend control can then be remotely engaged or defeated using the optional footswitch.
The Gain and Blend's range allows for almost anything, from a subtle level boost to cut through the mix, added girth and presence at moderate settings to fatten up chorus passages, to fully saturated savagery at the extremes. However you dial it, the OB1 always maintains the critical low end definition, right the way up to the most offensive settings!
The OB1's highly responsive active three band EQ has been meticulously voiced for maximum effect with minimal fuss. The EQ section is located after the Gain and Blend dials take effect, allowing full control over their massive sonic range. The Bass and Middle controls feature +/-15dB of boost or cut, whilst there is a range of +/- 20dB on the Treble control.
All Analogue Signal Path
The OB1 Series puts proper class A/B power back on the map. All circuitry is completely analogue, ensuring these amps sound expressive and musical even at ridiculous gain levels.
The OB1 Series are Orange's first rack mountable amps, suitable for 19" cases (2U). Enclosed in a rugged power coated steel chassis the fascia is finished in Orange's classic 'pics only' styling.
Balanced & Line Outputs
Balanced DI with ground lift and line level outputs for live and studio use.
Get your Orange Amplification OB1-500 500-Watt Rack-Mountable Bass Amplifier Head today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Rack Mountable
Comments about Orange Amplification Ob1-500 500-Watt Rack-Mountable Bass Amplifier:
You shouldn't have to sacrifice tone for portability. With the new rack-mountable bass heads from orange, you no longer have too. At a competitive price, you get true orange tone at a whopping 300 or 500 watt option. Through tis in you rack where your bass wireless and tuner already reside, and you are all set to play the world on any size stage.
This is a real hands on product review from Mike@ Sam Ash Indianapolis.
Watts 500 Line Out Yes Other Features Rack mountable (2U) 'bi-amp' inspired bass head with footswitchable Gain & Blend controls, active 3 band EQ, balanced DI & line level outputsFront Panel (Right to Left): Instrument Input with Active/Passive Switch, Gain, Blend, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume, Footswitch Input, Mains SwitchRear Panel (Right to Left): Speaker Outputs (Speakon), 1/4" Line Output, Balanced Output with Ground Lift SwitchSpeaker Output Options: Minimum 4 Ohm: 1 x 8 Ohm, 2 x 8 Ohm, 1 x 4 OhmClass A/B Output Power Weight 22.26 lbs. Dimensions 18.97 x 10.43 x 3.93 inches (WxHxD) - Unboxed Series OB1 Series Model OB1-500
Orange Music Electronic Company Inc. (Orange USA) warrants that Orange Products purchased through an Authorised Dealer of Orange USA will be free from defects in parts and workmanship for an initial period of 1 year (365 days) from the date of purchase.
This Warranty shall be applicable when You present the Product along with the original sales receipt and/or proof of purchase.
What is Not Covered:
- Damage caused by negligence, abuse, modification, improper use, incorrect voltages, incorrect polarity or the use of power supplies not recommended by Orange USA.
- Damage caused by another product.
- General wear and tear.
- Damage caused during transportation of the product.
- Damage caused by repair or service carried out by persons not authorized by Orange USA.
- A Product with a serial number which has been defaced, removed etc.
- A Product which was not purchased from an Authorized Dealer within the USA
- Amplifiers, preamplifiers, effects pedals – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years
- Speaker enclosures (cabinets) – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years
- Valves (vacuum tubes) and Speakers in Orange Products or supplied by OMEC Ltd. – 90 days
If a warranty or RMA claim is made within 90 days of the purchase date of the Product, Orange USA pays ground shipping both ways.
For non-warranty repairs, the customer pays shipping both ways. Repair charges must be paid within 45 days of the repair completion or the Product becomes the property of Orange USA.
The Warranty Service:
- The Warranty Service may include repairs or replacement of the Product in accordance with the terms set out herein.
- We will endeavour to repair the defective Product at no cost.
- If we are unable to repair the defective Product, we reserve the right to provide you with a replacement which may or may not be a reconditioned unit.
- In the event a repair or replacement has been made, we shall be entitled to take and keep possession of the defective Product which is deemed to be beyond repair during the Warranty Period.
- Providing the defective Product is covered by the terms of this Warranty we shall be responsible for the cost of returning your unit to You.