Moog Music Minimoog Model D SynthesizerSKU: MMMOOGD02-P
- Images 3
- Video 2
Select to Compare
The Minimoog Model D was the world’s first portable synthesizer and served as the archetype for all electronic keyboards that followed. First released in the early 1970’s, the instrument gained worldwide acclaim for combining the colossal sound of Moog’s large-format modular synthesizers with the accessibility of pre-wired modules. Over the last 40 years, some of the world’s most influential artists like Trent Reznor, Gary Numan, Dr. Dre, Keith Emerson and Herbie Hancock have shaped their unique sounds and forged new musical genres using the Minimoog Model D. This valuable sonic tool is now made available to veteran synthesists and the next generation of electronic pioneers.
Each newly built Minimoog Model D is lovingly handcrafted by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC. This 3-oscillator, monophonic, analog synthesizer is securely housed in a locally-sourced Appalachian hard-wood enclosure and hand-finished aluminum chassis. The circuit boards retain the exact component placement and through-hole design of a beloved 1970’s era Minimoog Model D.
Though no changes have been made to the original sound engine or audio signal path, the Minimoog Model D now includes a series of popular functional modifications that expand this legendary instrument’s sonic capabilities. These modifications include a premium Fatar keybed with velocity and after pressure available via top panel CV jacks, a dedicated analog LFO with triangle and square waveshapes, CV outputs for pitch, gate, velocity and after pressure, basic MIDI integration, and a mixer overload modification, which when engaged, allows the Minimoog Model D to conjure thicker and far more overdriven sounds than before.
• 3 vintage Moog oscillators
• Classic Moog low pass ladder filter with resonance
• Analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement
• Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character
• Military spec precision resistors
• Precision Linear System matched JFETs in oscillators
• Classic thermoset, gnarled pitch and mod wheels
• CV Modifications: outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output level attenuators)
• Analog Triangle/Square wave LFO and Filter Envelope added as modulation sources, as well as an External Modulation CV input
• Improved circuit board connectors for touring reliability
• Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch
• MIDI in, out and thru
Get your Moog Music Minimoog Model D Synthesizer today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Power Supply Included Yes Keyboard Type Synthesizer (Spring) Power Supply Self-switching external supply; 100–240 volts; Dimensions 28.625"W x 17.125"D x 5.75”H Weight 32 lbs. Number of Keys 44 Sound Engine Type Oscillators x 3
MIDI I/O Yes Controller Types Pitch Bend
CV Jacks (Control Voltage) Yes
Information not available