Manley Labs Reference Cardioid MicrophoneSKU: MREFCARDX-P
- Images 2
Select to Compare
The Manley Reference Cardioid Microphone closely recalls how many of the vintage European tube mics such as the beloved U47 sounded like when they were new, with the similar film thickness and construction, similar high frequency resonance (a little edge), similar proximity effect and pretty good immunity from pops and sibilance problems.
Its rich tonal balance and liquid character is consistently admired for instruments such as guitars, drum overheads, saxophone, and especially vocals. With your present mic, if you find yourself leaning on your compressors and boosting 5 or 10K to score a bit more testosterone, then the Reference Cardioid just might be the mic you’re looking for to cure what ails ya'...
If you seem to be constantly boosting 12-18K and trying to get a clean, intimate sound, then probably the Reference Gold would be your safest and best bet!
- All-Tube triode design 12AT7 (Previous versions used 12AX7 and 6072.)
- -10 dB switchable pad
- Frequency response: 10Hz-30KHz
- Sensitivity: 17mV/Pa
- Noise typically -120dB EIN
- Max SPL: 150dB
- Actual output impedance 200 Ohms
- Weight: 2.25 lbs (mic)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (PSU)
- Size: 4.5" x 9.7" x 4.5" (mic)
- Size: 5" x 8.2" x 3.4" (PSU)
- Shipping weight: 15 lbs
- Selected matched pairs available
- Outboard Power Supply is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer re-wiring via internal jumpers and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Mains Fuse: 250mA @ 100~120V; 125mA @ 220~240V operation
- Power Consumption: 70mA @ 120V = 8.4 Watts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Drum Overheads
- Drum Room
- Studio Recording
Comments about Manley Labs Reference Cardioid Microphone:
Used this mic in my studio. Gives vocals the Clear, up close modern sound that most people are looking for. A few hundred dollars cheaper then a U87 and it sounds better. Used as a drum room mic you almost don't need the close mics. All the drums sound upfront with just the one mic. If you are looking for a great mic that makes almost anything sound good, This IS the mic for you.
- Was this a gift?:
Series N/A Model N/A Other Features N/A
Information not available