Malekko EKKO 616 MKII 650ms Analog Delay Guitar Effect PedalSKU: MEKKO6162-P
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 6
- Video 4
The Malekko EKKO 616 is proudly made in Portland, Oregon using the highest quality components! For years, Malekko has been synonymous with the best quality BBD delays available. Today the evolution continues with the EKKO 616 MKII, a full featured yet compact delay with external modulation controls, an optional buffer, internal level pot and 650ms of pure analog bliss!
Not content to leave well enough alone, Malekko decided to go through every aspect of their acclaimed EKKO 616 to see how it could be improved upon. Every detail was scrutinized, data sheets compared, parts swapped, and hours of listening followed before they were satisfied. These resulting hand picked components of the highest quality are used to achieve what Malekko considers the nicest sounding, most musical analog delay pedal they've made!
The Malekko E616 MKII’s specially voiced repeats allow a larger bandwidth to pass than most traditional analog delays. Turn the mix pot all the way up and the repeats will be slightly louder than unity with the dry signal. The regeneration pot will take you from a simple slapback to a nice gentle decay of a few repeats then all the way to taking off into outer space with just a turn of the pot! Engage the modulation button and the EKKO 616 MKII takes on a whole new personality, from subtle chorusing or beautiful vibrato to way WAY beyond. Choose between true bypass or buffered bypass. The EKKO 616 MKII's revised buffer circuit is smooth and transparent, even with many pedals on your board. Tired of annoying volume drops? An internal trimpot (labeled "gain") will allow you to set the EKKO 616 MKII's level to your specific setup.
The EKKO 616 MKII features these updates:
- The modulation range has been massaged to allow much finer tuning for a more balanced overall effect
- The MIX pot now allows louder effect levels
- Improved buffering circuit resulting in flat response and allows hotter inputs, which makes it great for keyboard or outboard use!
- Redesigned protection circuit for enhanced component safety
Current draw is 50mA and operates on a 9V battery or optional 9VDC neg tip regulated power supply. (Not included).
The bypass circuit is only active when the effect is off. Choosing buffered will light the LED; true is LED off. If you have the buffered bypass circuit on and the LED goes out when you engage the effect, the pedal is working correctly.
DELAY TIME FIDELITY:
Malekko calibrated the 616 MKII to allow for longer delay times than the original 616. In any analog delay, its longest time settings result in lower fidelity and may even generate odd sound artifacts. Positioning the TIME pot to roughly 3 o'clock will approximate the original 616's longest delay time and its fidelity.
- Time – Turn this knob clockwise to set your delay time from 6-650 milliseconds.
- Mix – Adjusts the output level of your delayed signal.
- Regen – Sets the amount of delay regeneration (repeats).
- Modulation LED – Indicates modulation effect is applied to your delayed signal and LED flashes the modulation speed.
- Mod Button – Press this button to engage or disengage the Modulation effect.
- Speed – Adjusts the speed of the Modulation effect. Turning clockwise increases the speed.
- Depth – Adjusts the depth of the Modulation effect. Turning clockwise increases the depth.
- T/B button – The bypass circuit is only active when the effect is off. You can set your EKKO 616 to buffered bypass (button down, LED lit) or true bypass (button up, LED off). True bypass affects the gain of your pedal.
- Buffered Bypass LED – Indicates the buffered bypass is engaged (LED on). If you have the buffered bypass circuit on and the LED goes out when you engage the effect, the pedal is working correctly.
Series . Model EKKO 616 MKII