Kala Makala Waterman Soprano Ukulele SwirlSKU: KMKSWSXXX-P
- Images 2
The Waterman Story
KALA Ukulele, known for several brands of high quality yet affordable instruments, has been inspired by the 1950's Maccaferri ukulele and created a new uke with a focus on the outdoor enthusiast. "The Waterman" is a ukulele for everyone but pays special tribute to people that live the waterman, outdoor lifestyle.
The Waterman Ukulele pays homage in part to the legendary ukulele designer, Mario Maccaferri. Inspired at the 1939 World's Fair he saw plastic as the material of the future. Mario eventually combined his skills as a luthier and his business of injection molding and invented the Maccaferi Ukulele. After being endorsed by entertainer, Arthur Godfrey, on his TV show, 9 million of the Maccaferri ukes were sold between 1949 and 1969.
The Kala Makala Waterman Soprano Uke takes the Maccaferri concept to all new heights. An affordable, innovative uke with the quality you've come to expect from Kala, the Makala Waterman plays great, sounds great, and stays in tune. From the beach to the mountains and everything in between, the Makala Waterman boasts a durable high-grade polycarbonate construction and a travel-friendly, water-resistant design that makes this uke the perfect choice no matter where you go. Comes equipped with a set of nickel-plated open-gear tuners and a set of Aqulia Super Nylgut strings. Can easily converted for left-handed players. Includes a logo backpack bag.
Get your Kala Makala Waterman Soprano Ukulele Swirl today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Series Waterman Model Waterman Swirl
Kala Brand Music Co. warrants solely to the original purchaser that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials and shall function for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. American made models are warranted for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. Kala Brand Music Co. reserves the right to determine upon inspection if the warranty claim is valid or not.
Upon purchase of your instrument please fill out completely the Kala Brand registration form below.
This Limited Warranty is valid to the original purchaser only and is non-transferable. The instrument must have been purchased at an Authorized Kala Brand Dealer.
- Keep your original sales receipt. It is required to make a valid warranty claim.
- Any modification to the instrument will void the warranty.
- Unsolicited returns to Kala Brand Music Co. or any of its authorized dealers will not be accepted.
- Asserted defects or damages due to negligence, misuse, accident, improper maintenance, or modification practices on the instrument or its parts. Normal fret and string wear on the instrument including broken strings and tuners due to improper tuning.
- Normal wear or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, finish or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to controls, buttons,switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning devices, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or case exterior.
- Damage resulting from exposure to extreme temperatures,humidity, acts of nature, dry climates, or salt air climates. Failure to use a humidifier on Kala all solid-wood ukuleles and all acoustic U-Bass instruments will void your warranty if any cracking occurs. Warranty claims may not be considered if a quality humidifier (Humistat™, Oasis™, Planet Waves™, Humilele ™ ) is not used with your Kala instrument while it is stored in its case or bag. When the instrument is not in its case or bag for more than two days we recommend it be stored in a room with a relative humidity of 40-60% with its humidifier correctly installed inside the instrument.
- Damage due to negligence, misuse, accident, or improper maintenance practices.
- Normal fret and string wear on the instrument including broken strings and tuners due to improper tuning.
- Damage resulting from exposure to extreme temperatures, humidity, dry climates, or salt air climates. Failure to use a humidifier on Kala all solid-wood ukuleles and all acoustic U-Bass instruments will void your warranty if any cracking occurs. Warranty claims may not be considered if a quality humidifier (Humistat™, Oasis™, Planet Waves™) is not used with your Kala instrument while it is stored in its case or bag. When the instrument is not in its case or bag for more than two days we recommend it be stored in a room with a relative humidity of 40-60% with its humidifier correctly installed inside the instrument.
- Exposure to heating or cooling sources that cause damage to the instrument.
- Personal opinions relating to the sound and tone of the instrument.
- Instruments damaged in transit.
- All instruments marked with a stamped "2" on the back of the headstock are "Kala seconds" and are excluded from Kala Brand Music Company's warranty policy. These instruments are non-refundable and non-returnable to either Kala Brand Music Company or the authorized dealer in where it was purchased.
- Instruments purchased outside of the United States or Canada are not covered under this warranty.