Keeley Electronics Magnetic Echo Guitar Effect PedalSKU: KMAGXXXXX-P
- Images 1
Tape echos have long been regarded as a warm and very guitar friendly form of delay. Keeley Magnetic Echo achieves similar results by using a touch of Lo-Fi delay, a slightly filtered echo response to keep things warm, and some modulation. Modulation, or "Wow and Flutter" in the tape world is a slight pitch shift or wavering that occurs as the tape is pulled across the heads. The modulation Keeley uses is similar to what they use in the Seafoam Chorus, a slight wavering of pitch on the trails of the repeats. With a simple set of controls for the delay – Time, Regen, and Level and with the "Wow and Flutter" controls – Depth and Rate you can create some very vintage or rather unique tones.
- Delay Time – This Time control roughly sets the length between your repeats between 40ms and 600ms. This range is well suited for classic, vintage delay sounds that are great for slap-back or medium length delay times.
- Regen – This control sets the number of repeats. You can set this for a single slap back echo or turn it up for a runaway, self-oscillating or self-regenerating echoes. (Now go back and twist the Time control for some crazy sounds!)
- Delay Level – The Level control is your mix, how loud you want to hear the echoes.
- Depth – Turn this control to achieve deeper and deeper chorusing and pitch shifting on your echoes. As you raise the control the Depth and Rate LED will start to glow giving you a visual indication as to the amount of modulation you are applying to the repeats.
- Rate – This is your Flutter control. It’s another way to control how poorly your tape echo is performing! Not that any tape deck was every in this bad of condition, but it sure sounds good to have a little pitch modulation on your echo! Using these controls gives you a nice way to create unique and very musical delays.
Get your Keeley Magnetic Echo Guitar Effect Pedal today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
The manufacturer’s warranty covers parts and labor for two years. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.