Grace Design m920 High Resolution Monitoring SystemSKU: GM920XXXX-P
- Images 3
Select to Compare
With the m920, Grace Design has hit the all bullseyes
Whether you are mixing, mastering or simply listening - the resolution, detail and immediacy that occurs with the m920 at the center of your system will help pull you out of the din and in to the music.
The m920 stands on the shoulders of its predecessors then jumps to new territory in digital and analog audio performance. Using the latest 32Bit Sabre DAC technology, it delivers up to 384kHz PCM and 64x and 128x DSD playback. The m920 provides state of the art DAC performance; for home or studio, this is truly the ultimate, high resolution monitoring system.
Building on 15 years of experience designing reference playback equipment, the technology in the m920 is highly evolved and refined and the goals were always clear: lower the distortion, improve the noise performance, lower the DAC's jitter, make it more reliable. Make it better.
The new, world-class M Series 32-bit Sabre DAC provides an astonishing improvement in digital performance. Redesigned s-Lock PLL circuitry improves jitter rejection. DSD64 and DSD128 playback brings great musicality to digital recordings.
- Stereo analog inputs - balanced (+4dBu) XLR and unbalanced (-10dBv) RCA
- Ultra low distortion 32-bit /384khz Sabre DAC accepts stereo digital input source in AES3, S/PDIF, TOSLINK (optical) and USB formats with auto sample rate detection and digital de-emphasis filter
- User configurable DAC filter response for PCM and DSD playback
- USB for playback of up to 384kHz / 32 bit PCM as well as DSD64 and DSD128 playback via DoP
- AES and S/PDIF playback of up to 192kHZ / 24bit PCM as well as DSD64 playback via DoP
- New dual-stage wide lock range PLL for improved jitter rejection on non s-locked sources
- Third generation s-Lock dual stage PLL (phase lock loop) circuitry for the ultimate in low jitter clocking and sonic integrity
- Two sets of line level outputs provided via RCA (unbalanced) and ¼ TRS jacks (balanced) for connection to stereo monitors
- RCA line outputs can be configured for variable or fixed dac output mode for operation as a standalone digital to analog converter
- Front panel rotary encoder provides precision level control of both headphone and the line output levels. Level adjustments are made in 0.5dB steps within a 95dB range
- 0.05dB channel level matching to ensure true stereo balance at any monitoring level
- Large, white 7-segment display is used to show headphone and stereo main output levels
- New X-feed (crossfeed) simulates the acoustics of a loudspeaker listening environment which can significantly improve imaging while reducing listening fatigue when using headphones. This feature employs carefully designed signal cross-feed, filtering and delay circuits to simulate hrtf (head related transfer functions)
- High current transimpedance output amplifier design drives 8 ohm loads. The m920 was specifically designed with low impedance headphones in mind
- Only the highest quality 0.5% metal film resistors are used throughout and there are no electrolytic capacitors in the signal path. Sealed gold contact relays are used for all signal switching
- Infrared remote control for level control, left/right balance, mute and more when using the optional remote control unit
- Apple IR remote control is supported with optional pairing
- USB firmware upgradability
- 5 Year transferable warranty on parts and labor
Connectors XLR, RCA, 1/4" AES (IN), TOSLINK (IN), S/PDIF (IN);USB Series m Presets 8 Number of Channels N/A Phantom Power N/A EQ No Side Chain I/O N/A Compressor No XLR Inputs 2 XLR Outputs N/A 1/4" Inputs N/A 1/4" Outputs 2 RCA Phone Inputs 2 RCA Phone Inputs 2 Analog Inputs Number 2 Analog Outputs Number 2 S/PDIF Yes ADAT N/A AES/EBU Yes Digital Inputs N/A Digital Outputs N/A Computer Connectivity USB Additional Controls/Features Vol; Input Weight 1.7H" x 8.5W" x 8.25D" Dimensions 5 lbs. Gain Range H.P OUT: 0dB; BAL. LINE OUT: -0.5dB Combo XLR/TRS Jacks N/A Frequency Response 15Hz-20kHz
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for five years and labor for five years from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.