Kala KA-BFT Bocote "Butterfly" Tenor UkuleleSKU: KKABFTXXX-P
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 1
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
Select to Compare
The Kala KA-BFT Bocote "Butterfly" Tenor Ukulele is the perfect choice if you're looking for a uke with a rich, deep sound and gorgeous visual appeal.
The limited edition Kala Butterfly Ukuleles are made with Bocote, a highly figured wood found in Mexico. This wood has broad, sweeping grain patterns of light and dark brown.
The Kala butterfly models feature arched backs which give them a very potent, punchy sound with warm overtones. Other premium features include beautiful maple/rosewood rope binding with spruce binding on back, a mahogany neck , a rosewood fretboard & bridge, a Custom Butterfly headstock inlay, a black GraphTech NuBone nut & saddle, and a set of open-geared tuning machines with black buttons.
Get your Kala KA-BFT Bocote "Butterfly" Tenor Ukulele today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Barring Is Easier Here
- Beautifully Rich Tone
- Best I Tried In Shop
- Bocote Wood Gorgeous
- Love The Butterfly Inlay
- May Look Different
- Mine Is Dark On Front
- Not Solid Wood
- Chord Melody
- My Go-to Uke
I tried every tenor ukulele in the store, including some solid wood ukes and solid-fronted ones. I wanted a deeper tone, and this is the only one whose sound didn't remind me of my concert ukes at home. Buyer beware, though, that bocote wood varies dramatically. Mine has a beautiful back and sides, but you can barely see the figuration on the front because it's so dark. In fact, I didn't fall in love with the look of mine until I got it home. I still don't understand why the Kala craftsmen chose to use an unfigured wood for the front, but I have no regrets. I bought it for the tone and playability. The moral is, though, that if you buy online, you don't know what the woodgrain will be. Buy it for the tone first, looks second.
- Was this a gift?:
Number Of Frets 18 Neck Wood Mahogany Fingerboard Rosewood Body Wood Bocote Top Bocote Bridge Type Rosewood Tuning Machines Open Gears Other Features Tenor BodyMaple/Rosewood Rope Binding and Spruce Binding on BackCustom Butterfly Headstock InlaySilver Nickel FretsWhite Dot Side MarkersTuners with Black ButtonsBlack GraphTech NuBone Nut and SaddleSatin Finish Orientation Right-Handed Case/Bag Included No Series Butterfly Bocote Model KA-BFT
Kala Brand Music Co. warrants solely to the original purchaser that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials and shall function for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. American made models are warranted for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. Kala Brand Music Co. reserves the right to determine upon inspection if the warranty claim is valid or not.
Upon purchase of your instrument please fill out completely the Kala Brand registration form below.
This Limited Warranty is valid to the original purchaser only and is non-transferable. The instrument must have been purchased at an Authorized Kala Brand Dealer.
- Keep your original sales receipt. It is required to make a valid warranty claim.
- Any modification to the instrument will void the warranty.
- Unsolicited returns to Kala Brand Music Co. or any of its authorized dealers will not be accepted.
- Asserted defects or damages due to negligence, misuse, accident, improper maintenance, or modification practices on the instrument or its parts. Normal fret and string wear on the instrument including broken strings and tuners due to improper tuning.
- Normal wear or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, finish or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to controls, buttons,switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning devices, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or case exterior.
- Damage resulting from exposure to extreme temperatures,humidity, acts of nature, dry climates, or salt air climates. Failure to use a humidifier on Kala all solid-wood ukuleles and all acoustic U-Bass instruments will void your warranty if any cracking occurs. Warranty claims may not be considered if a quality humidifier (Humistat™, Oasis™, Planet Waves™, Humilele ™ ) is not used with your Kala instrument while it is stored in its case or bag. When the instrument is not in its case or bag for more than two days we recommend it be stored in a room with a relative humidity of 40-60% with its humidifier correctly installed inside the instrument.
- Damage due to negligence, misuse, accident, or improper maintenance practices.
- Normal fret and string wear on the instrument including broken strings and tuners due to improper tuning.
- Damage resulting from exposure to extreme temperatures, humidity, dry climates, or salt air climates. Failure to use a humidifier on Kala all solid-wood ukuleles and all acoustic U-Bass instruments will void your warranty if any cracking occurs. Warranty claims may not be considered if a quality humidifier (Humistat™, Oasis™, Planet Waves™) is not used with your Kala instrument while it is stored in its case or bag. When the instrument is not in its case or bag for more than two days we recommend it be stored in a room with a relative humidity of 40-60% with its humidifier correctly installed inside the instrument.
- Exposure to heating or cooling sources that cause damage to the instrument.
- Personal opinions relating to the sound and tone of the instrument.
- Instruments damaged in transit.
- All instruments marked with a stamped "2" on the back of the headstock are "Kala seconds" and are excluded from Kala Brand Music Company's warranty policy. These instruments are non-refundable and non-returnable to either Kala Brand Music Company or the authorized dealer in where it was purchased.
- Instruments purchased outside of the United States or Canada are not covered under this warranty.