Daking Audio FET III Stereo Compressor-LimiterSKU: DFET3XXXX-P
- Images 3
Select to Compare
Click the "More Info" tab to download a free Daking manualthat tells you all about Compression/Limitingand how the FETIII makes it easy!
"The FET III uses all discrete transistor Class A circuits, THAT Corporation differential amps and printed circuit board mounted switches. Signal capacitors are precision polypropylene or ultra low-leakage electrolytic types. Our boards are assembled on a mil-spec assembly line. The chassis are stainless steel for maximum RF and hum rejection and a long lasting finish. Every unit is hand finished, tested, burned in, and tested again in a second facility.
"Also, we just couldn‟t stand to use plastic knobs, so we designed our own anodized, engraved aluminum knobs that give a much more precise and quality feel. We designed our gear to be gear you‟d own for life, not some passing fancy you‟d leave in the dust once you figured what the good stuff sounds like. This IS the good stuff."
-Geoff Daking, Creator/Designer of the FET III
The Daking FET III is new dual channel limiter from Geoff Daking, built in the US with the same audio path and detector circuits as their highly successful single-channel Daking FET II Limiter. The FET III's compressor circuitry and gain stages are all discrete and fully Class "A" with sound quality that will be at the very top of the scale. The FET II was known for its speed, high performance and its unique ability to sound great on an extraordinary variety of sources, while he FET III adds several unique features to improve user control.
- New variable High Pass Filters from 0 to 200Hz are added to the detector stage of each limiter channel to improve and customize limiter behavior. The HPF's tell the limiter NOT to trigger limiting based on content below the set HPF frequency. This is extremely helpful on bass heavy material. This greatly widens the units potential application set and the ability of the user to set this new behavior "on the fly".
- Variable linking between channels is envisioned for use when compressing two different tracks, such as bass and kick, to tie limiter action together to greater or lesser degrees. The Stereo Link is continuously variable from 0 to ∞.
- All controls except "Ratio" are pots. The new variable pots add the ability to fine tune behaviors in the studio. Mastering engineers may prefer the repeatability of switches, such as those on the FET II, which will continue in the Daking product line.
- The FET II's relied on control voltage summing for the stereo linking. Because the FET III is two independent units in one box, it uses audio summing, which is much more accurate.
- The Daking FET III uses THAT CORP differential amps in and out (electronically balanced). The FET II has transformers in and out but they are 1:1 input to output so they do not "color" the sound. (A mic input transformer at 1:10 ratio in a mic pre would color the sound significantly.) The common mode rejection in FET III is equal to that of FET II. The FET III output level is +24 while the FET II can be as high as +30.
The FET III and FET II both use an outboard power supply.
The unit is fully RoHs compliant.
Series . Model FET III Weight . Dimensions 1RU Rackmount