Fender American Standard Precision BassSKU: F9360XXXXX
- Images 8
- Video 1
Select to Compare
Since its birth in 1951, the Fender Precision Bass made history the moment of its arrival as the first solid body electric bass, changed the face of music; and has continued to be the standard bearer and a frontline force in the world of popular music.
This Fender American Standard Precision Bass combines original vintage specs with some modern day appointments to create a truly unique P Bass, and features a contoured alder body. The body also features a thinner finish which allows the wood to ‘breathe’ and improve resonance and tone. Fender retained their legendary uncomplicated electronics by outfitting the American Standard Precision Bass with a Custom Shop ’60s Precision Bass split single-coil pickup, along with master volume and tone controls.
A lacquered maple neck is available with a rosewood or maple fingerboard with a modern 9-1/2" radius and 20 medium-jumbo frets maximize comfort and playability. The profile is a comfortable C-Shape that will fill out your fretting hand perfectly. The neck is Graphite reinforced for maximum stability.
The Chrome hardware on this P Bass includes a high-mass vintage-style bridge with the option of a string-thru-body setup for increased sustain, and modern tuners. A hardshell case is included.
- Series: American Standard
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Urethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck, Gloss Finish on the Face of the Headstock
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood or Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black or White Dot
- Truss Rods: Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 4-Saddle High-Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell , 3-Ply White , 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Polishing Cloth: Polishing Cloth Included
- Strings: Fender USA Super Bass 8250M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .110TW Gauges)
- Other Features: Tinted Neck, Maple Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front; Rosewood Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard, Fender Spaghetti Logo, Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods, Rounded Body Shape, Rolled Fingerboard Edges, Hardshell Case
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender American Standard Precision Bass:
Just a classic bass for a great price. I love P basses and so do most other gearheads, amazing passive tone. The reason I have always loved Fenders is because they are great guitars that are not extremely priced to the point working musicians that cannot afford their products. Get this classic, every bass player needs one.
*Hands on review by Christopher M. from store 57 in Indianapolis.
- Was this a gift?:
Series American Standard Other Features Tinted Neck, Fender Spaghetti Logo, Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods, Rounded Body Shape, Rolled Fingerboard Edges
American Standard Precision Bass
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation warrants this Fender brand instrument to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original retail purchaser, except that pickups, switches, jacks, controls, all other electronic components, tuning machines, hardware, pickguards, plated surfaces, gig bags, cases and case hardware are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser when this instrument is purchased from an Authorized Fender Dealer and is subject to the limitations set forth herein. IMPORTANT: PLEASE RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT, AS IT IS YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE VALIDATING THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.