Fender American Standard Jazz Bass Fretless Bass GuitarSKU: F93800XXXX
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 8
- Video 1
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
Select to Compare
Because of its unparalleled versatility and easy playability, the Jazz Bass remains as popular as ever. In tandem with its predecessor, the Precision Bass, the Jazz Bass continues to be the standard bearer and a frontline force in the world of popular music.
The Fender American Standard Jazz Bass Fretless features an alder body with the legendary ‘comfort contour’ and offset waist design that was way ahead of its time. The body is outfitted with a pair of Fender Custom Shop '60s Jazz Bass single-coil pickups that deliver those clear, punchy, Jazz Bass tones that were the driving force behind an endless list of bands throughout the decades.
The American Standard Fretless Jazz Bass Fretless is equipped with the familiar slim tapered maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard with a modern 9-1/2" radius and “fret” markers to ensure proper intonation and maximize playability. Chrome hardware includes a High Mass Vintage bridge (which can be strung thru-body or top loaded) and open gear tuners. Finally, a protective, hardshell case is included along with a cable, strap, and polishing cloth.
- Series: American Standard
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck, Gloss Finish on the Face of the Headstock
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: Fretless
- Fret Size: Fretless
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Side Dot
- Truss Rods: Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 4-Saddle High-Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell , 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case
- Polishing Cloth: Polishing Cloth Included
- Saddle Height Wrench: 1/16" Hex (Allen) Wrench
- Strings: Fender USA Super Bass 8250M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .110TW Gauges)
- Other Features: Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods, Rounded Body Shape, Rolled Fingerboard Edges
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Well made
Comments about Fender American Standard Jazz Bass Fretless Bass:
My dream bass! I picked up mine in Mystic Blue (discontinued - got the last one!) and it is gorgeous! It's not my first fretless, but the only one I have now and the only one I'll probably ever need. The pickups sound great and are extremely versatile. It's a very expressive instrument I would recommend to any well-rounded bass player.
My other USA Jazz is from 2005, and they've made a few changes since then that I really like. I much prefer the newer bridge design - a little beefier. The Custom Shop 60's pickups are great. Not necessarily louder, but get a nice vintage growl.
Lastly, ordering from Sam Ash was a breeze. Ordered late Thursday night and arrived Tuesday morning, no problem!
- Was this a gift?:
American Standard Jazz Bass Fretless Bass Guitar
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation warrants this Fender brand instrument to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original retail purchaser, except that pickups, switches, jacks, controls, all other electronic components, tuning machines, hardware, pickguards, plated surfaces, gig bags, cases and case hardware are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser when this instrument is purchased from an Authorized Fender Dealer and is subject to the limitations set forth herein. IMPORTANT: PLEASE RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT, AS IT IS YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE VALIDATING THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.