Epiphone Wilshire Phant-o-matic Electric GuitarSKU: ENW2XXXXXX
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 9
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
Select to Compare
Epiphone has brought back one of their flagship solid body electric guitars from the 1960’s with a few modern day upgrades. The Wilshire Phant-O-Matic Electric Guitar was designed in collaboration with Frank Iero, guitarist for multi-platinum band My Chemical Romance, and features a double cutaway design with a solid Mahogany body. The "Phant-O-Matic" employs a pair of Epiphone Alnico Classic Plus Humbuckers. In an effort to maximize tonal possibilities, they've included a mono 6 position VariTone switch, an option featured on Gibson ES-345 and ES-355 guitars of the 1960’s. You will be able to dial traditional humbucker tones as well as a few single-coil voicings. Add it all up and between the 6-position VariTone circuit and the 3-position toggle switch, you have 18 unique tones available. The Wilshire Phant-O-Matic includes a lower-horn mounted kill switch which provides an infinite range of staccato on/off effects.
The 24.75” scale Mahogany hand-set neck has a 1960's SlimTaper profile, a rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl block inlays, a 12” radius, and a 1-11/16” nut. The Wilshire Phant-o-matic’s chrome hardware is rounded out by a LockTone Tune-o-Matic/Stop Bar bridge/tailpiece combo for tuning and intonation stability. Machine heads are nickel Wilkinson vintage style tuners with green keys. A deluxe gig bag is included.
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper
- Neck Joint: Glued-in
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer (Black/White) with vintage "Epiphone" logo in gold
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with pearloid block inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Nut width: 1.68”
- Headstock: Clipped Ear 3-on-a-side with vintage "Epiphone" logo in gold
- Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic Plus humbucker
- Controls: Master Volume Control, 6-Position Rotary VariTone notch filter. (Position 1: Bypass, Position 2: 5db at 1950hz, Position 3: 12db at 1100hz, Position 4: 16db at 620hz, Position 5: 18.5db at 360hz, Position 6: 21db at 120hz), Momentary KillSwitch 3-way pickup selector with black toggle cap
- Binding: 2-Layer (Black/White) with vintage "Epiphone" logo in gold
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-Matic
- Tailpiece: StopBar
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine heads: Wilkinson vintage style with green keys
- Case: Deluxe gig bag included
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Lightning Neck
- Light Weight
- Set Up Perfect Right Off
- Tons Of Great Sounds
- Very well made
- Sitting at home
Comments about Epiphone Wilshire Phant-o-matic Electric Guitar:
This guitar has such a wide range of sounds using the veritone, it was the only electric I needed to use while recording. The neck plays like butter, fits my hand perfectly all along it. She is so easy to play. I usually have to set up any guitar I use, but this was exactly set to my standards. Has the feel of an expensive electric, but this baby didn't dent the bank! The finish is really beautifully done, I bought the off white Wilshire. I had tried quite a few guitars before I chose this. When I picked her up...I could just feel that she was the one I'd be taking home. Thanks Sam Ash!!!
- Was this a gift?:
Wilshire Phant-o-matic Electric Guitar
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts and labor for the lifetime of the product. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.