Orange Amplification Dual Dark 50 50-Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier HeadSKU: ODD50HXXX-P
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 5
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
Select to Compare
The Orange Amplification Dual Dark Series amps are Orange's highest-gain amplifiers yet. With two independent channels that each feature four stages of gain, the Dual Dark heads are as versatile as they are aggressive. Equipped with independent Volume and Gain controls, each channel can take you anywhere from crystal clean to insane, over-the-top distortion and everything in between. Although the Dual Dark Series have been designed with the metal player in mind, these amps offer incredible sonic flexibility.
The voicing for Channel A has been completely revamped, offering a fat, powerful EQ with strong open mids and a tight response. Taking its roots from Orange's beloved Dark Terror, Channel B provides a lightning fast attack that's ideal for those heavy percussive down-tuned riffs. Channel B also sports the unique intuitive Shape control that was originally seen on Orange's famed Thunderverb Series. When turned all the way down, the Shape control tailors your sound for full, potent midrange. When cranked all the way up, the Shape control gives you all bass and treble with scooped mids.
The proprietary output transformer design employed on the Dual Dark 50 gives this amp its tight, focused low-end response and its exceptional string-to-string clarity, even when the volume is cranked all the way up. Despite its lower wattage, the Dual Dark 50 dishes out killer tone with incredible tube-driven power. Featuring switchable output power, the wattage of the Dual Dark 50 can be cut down to 25 Watts so that it breaks up and distorts at lower volume levels.
The footswitchable attenuator control allows the Dual Dark 50 to maintain its output clipping characteristics when the overall volume is lowered. The Attenuator circuit determines when and how the amp distorts post preamp stage. Orange's design ensures that the relationship between the speaker and the output transformer is maintained, giving this amp a springy and responsive tone even at extremely low volume levels.
Get your Orange Amplification Dual Dark 50 50-Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Head today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Amp Type All Tube Channels 2 Watts 50 Other Features Class A/B Two Channel Valve Head, Two Master Volume Channels Each w/Four Stages of Gain, Footswitchable Attenuator, Switchable Output Power (25W) and Valve Buffered FX LoopFront Panel Controls (Right to Left): Channel B - Gain, Shape, Volume | Channel A - Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble | Attenuator, Full/Half Power SwitchValves: 5 x 12AX7 | 1 x 12AT7 | 2 x EL34Speaker Output Options: 1x16Ω, 1x8Ω or 2x16Ω Weight 46.3 lbs. Dimensions 10.63 x 21.65 x 9.45 inches Series Dual Dark Series Model Dual Dark 50 (DD50H)
Orange Music Electronic Company Inc. (Orange USA) warrants that Orange Products purchased through an Authorised Dealer of Orange USA will be free from defects in parts and workmanship for an initial period of 1 year (365 days) from the date of purchase.
This Warranty shall be applicable when You present the Product along with the original sales receipt and/or proof of purchase.
What is Not Covered:
- Damage caused by negligence, abuse, modification, improper use, incorrect voltages, incorrect polarity or the use of power supplies not recommended by Orange USA.
- Damage caused by another product.
- General wear and tear.
- Damage caused during transportation of the product.
- Damage caused by repair or service carried out by persons not authorized by Orange USA.
- A Product with a serial number which has been defaced, removed etc.
- A Product which was not purchased from an Authorized Dealer within the USA
- Amplifiers, preamplifiers, effects pedals – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years
- Speaker enclosures (cabinets) – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years
- Valves (vacuum tubes) and Speakers in Orange Products or supplied by OMEC Ltd. – 90 days
If a warranty or RMA claim is made within 90 days of the purchase date of the Product, Orange USA pays ground shipping both ways.
For non-warranty repairs, the customer pays shipping both ways. Repair charges must be paid within 45 days of the repair completion or the Product becomes the property of Orange USA.
The Warranty Service:
- The Warranty Service may include repairs or replacement of the Product in accordance with the terms set out herein.
- We will endeavour to repair the defective Product at no cost.
- If we are unable to repair the defective Product, we reserve the right to provide you with a replacement which may or may not be a reconditioned unit.
- In the event a repair or replacement has been made, we shall be entitled to take and keep possession of the defective Product which is deemed to be beyond repair during the Warranty Period.
- Providing the defective Product is covered by the terms of this Warranty we shall be responsible for the cost of returning your unit to You.