Boss DD-500 Digital Delay Guitar Effects PedalSKU: RDD500XXX-P
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 3
- Video 1
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
Select to Compare
Expand your creativity on stage or in the studio with the BOSS DD-500 Digital Delay. The most powerful, versatile and intuitive stompbox delay ever made, the DD-500 comes loaded with groundbreaking BOSS technology and an extensive array of features including 12 unique delay models with studio-quality stereo sound, unparalleled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches, built-in patch memories & hands-on controls, selectable buffered or true-bypass operation, an onboard looper, MIDI, USB, and so much more! Taking you anywhere from standard echo to luscious spatial textures and everything in between, the BOSS DD-500 is sure to deliver no matter what type of delay you need.
- Studio-level stereo sound with 32-bit/96 kHz processing throughout
- 12 versatile delay modes from vintage to modern deliver unlimited creative possibilities
- Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches
- Graphic LCD for easy, intuitive operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Equipped with a built-in Phrase Looper, MIDI, USB, and more
- Selectable buffered or true-bypass operation
With the DD-500's 12 delay modes, you can create any delay sound you can imagine, and then some. Everything you need is here, from warm, gritty vintage delays and tape echo to complex modern delay lines that employ pitch shifting, filtering, and other unique processing. With the hands-on knobs, it's easy to shape essential parameters and create great sounds immediately. Each delay type also includes a semi-parametric four-band EQ, modulation, ducking, and many other parameters, allowing you to dive deep and refine tones with maximum precision.
Unparalleled Sound Quality
In the DD-500, every delay mode has been carefully crafted for a unique sonic personality and highly musical tones at every setting, realized by high-powered DSP running at 32-bit/96 kHz. And while the DD-500's delay effects are high-end digital, your straight guitar tone remains 100-percent analog at all times, with your choice of buffered or true-bypass operation. In addition to strengthening the analog dry signal, buffered bypass has the added benefit of enabling carryover, so delay trails are not cut off unnaturally when the effect is switched off.
Advanced Features for Stage and Studio Use
In the world of sophisticated delay stomps, the DD-500 stands alone in practical usability. The large, integrated LCD fully supports the pedal's immense capabilities, giving you clear visibility of delay time, patch ID, and more on one screen, plus sane navigation for detailed parameter tweaks, naming, and system management. And via USB, it's simple to connect to your computer for patch backup and MIDI control with your favorite DAW.
Intensive Real-Time Control
With its freely assignable controls, the DD-500 delivers unmatched creative expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for two patches, bypass, bank selection, tap tempo, and more. However, they can be customized to operate in alternate ways, such as providing top-level access to three different delay patches, or allowing you to use two patches at once for layered delay sounds. Instead of tap tempo, you're able to assign the TAP/CTL switch to various real-time functions like Warp or Twist for a wide range of expressive effects. Even more parameters can be manipulated via an optional expression pedal or external switches, and MIDI I/O opens up many additional control options with advanced setups.
DD-500 Delay Modes:
- Standard—Clear digital delay.
- Analog—Emulates classic analog "BBD" delays like the BOSS DM series.
- Tape—Emulates the warm sound of tape-based delay units, including the Maestro Echoplex and legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
- Vintage Digital—Emulations of early digital delays from the 1980s, including Roland's famous SDE-2000 and SDE-3000 rack units and the BOSS DD-2, the original stompbox digital delay.
- Dual—Two different delay lines that can be connected in series or parallel.
- Pattern—Sixteen different delay lines that can be set independently for all types of unique rhythmic effects.
- Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- SFX—"Special effects" delay with a highly unique sound character.
- Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delays for lush, heavenly textures.
- Filter—Delay with a sweeping filter.
- Slow Attack—Ethereal delays that fade in with playing dynamics.
- Tera Echo—Spacious, animated ambience effect derived from the innovative BOSS TE-2 pedal.
The following functions can be assigned to the DD-500's onboard TAP/CTL switch and/or optional external footswitches. These assignments are stored as part of a patch.
- Tap—Set the delay in time with a song's tempo.
- Hold—The delay's feedback is held continuously while the switch is pressed.
- Warp—Increases the delay's feedback and level simultaneously for powerful expressive effects.
- Twist—Adjusts multiple delay parameters with a single press, creating wild sounds similar to twisting the panel knobs in real time.
- Moment—Outputs the delay sound only when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/2—Cuts the delay time to 1/2 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/4—Cuts the delay time to 1/4 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/8—Cuts the delay time to 1/8 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Fade In—Fades in the delay sound.
- Fade Out—Fades out the delay sound.
- Assign 1-8—Allows you to assign and control up to eight different delay parameters at once.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Digital display with lots of info
- Digital display with lots of info & edit screens
- Lots of presets. Lots!
- Nice delays plus weird effects
- None so far
Comments about Boss Dd-500 Digital Delay Guitar Effects Pedal:
I was in rehearsal and my TC Flashback X4 wouldn't work. Only the straight through sound worked. There was no effect and no sound at all in effect mode. I couldn't find a reset button, I hooked up a computer to access the secret computer-only editing controls to reset it, I unplugged it. Nothing worked to get it back. I knew it was time to replace it.
Since the Flashback X4 replaced my Boss DD-3, I ignored the DD-500 when it came out. What a mistake! After a few minutes reading about the DD-500, I realized how much different it was from other Boss delays and how much it was actually similar to a Timeline (design wise). I needed a delay I could trust and I wasn't totally sold on the timeline, but I immediately had to have this. I love it.
- Was this a gift?:
Weight 3.5 lbs. (Shipping - in Box) Dimensions Product - 6.75 x 2.5 x 5.5 inches (WxHxD)Shipping (in Box) - 10 x 5 x 8 inches (WxHxD) Series Stompboxes Model DD-500
Effects pedals: 5 years parts, 3 years labor All other products: 1 year parts, 90 days labor