Dangerous Music Dangerous CompressorSKU: DCOMPXXXX-P
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 1
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
Select to Compare
Built to the exacting standards of the mastering community, as with all things Dangerous, it has also proven indispensable for tracking and mixing. Tame a vocal, tighten a snare, crush a sampled loop or gently smooth a track- the compressor will rise to the occasion, providing rapid results, intuitive feedback and without coloration.
A sidechain circuit provides what the gain reduction element in a compressor “hears.” When cleverly designed it allows the compressor to become more or less sensitive to a specific frequency or group of frequencies. In other words, let’s say you’re committing a mix. The final feels like it needs more gain reduction (i.e. compression/limiting), but when engaged, every time the kick drum sounds, the entire mix drops in level. By reducing the compressor’s sensitivity to low frequency content (i.e. BASS!), it will allow the kick drum to strike, without over-triggering the compressor.
One section of the detector controls the average level. The other handles only rapid transients. Normally a spike would shove down the entire track, creating an audible faux pas moment. Instead, the normal slope portion handles the smoothing of the entire content and the other deals with the spikes. This results in a higher average level relative to peak, without the stereo image collapsing. Dangerously brilliant.
To find and dispatch an offensive snare drum ring that the tracking engineer was too lazy to address while recording, connect your external equalizer, engage the sidechain monitor button, boost the eq’s level and start sweeping frequencies until you hear it caught in the cross hairs. (In other words, offensively isolated.) Disengage sidechain monitor and now toggle between before and after with the engage button. The more you boost that frequency, the more Compressor will duck it when it rear’s its ugly head.
- Simple: Hit your choice of buttons and twist the threshold for radio-ready results
- Smart Dyn Dual Slope Detection: Automatically limits peaks while stealthily compressing the average
- Auto Attack/Release: Replace "guess" with "yes" for rapid-fire results
- Transparent: Performs like an automated fader: No more drawing vocal rides
- True Stereo Dual Detector: Traditional linking shares one detector, often resulting in a narrower stereo image
- Immaculate VCA: Virtually no distortion, even with 20dB of gain reduction
- Powerful: Internal sidechain circuitry houses the audiophile soul of the compressor
- Bass Cut: Tightens the track without sacrificing the low end
- Sibilance Boost: Shave sibilance and shrill histrionics with zero post-compression hangover
Information not available