Orange Amplification Crush Bass 100 100-Watt 1x15" Bass Combo AmplifierSKU: OCRBA100-P
- Images 7
- Video 3
Taking elements from Orange's flagship 4 Stroke and OB1 series bass amps, and with enough power for smaller venues, the Crush Bass 100 is a seriously versatile combo in both sound and application. Using high-end engineering techniques not usually found on combos of this type, the key to the Crush Bass 100's immensely fat and detailed tone is the amplifier's 100 Watt output section. The choice of discrete components (rather than common integrated circuits) gives the amp sensational levels of clarity across the entire spectrum, and the internal 15" speaker means that even the most subterranean frequencies come through loud and clear.
Coupled to the output stage is an equally powerful preamp. The active EQ section with its sweepable parametric mid band allows players to fine tune the Crush Bass 100 to any style, plus Orange's "bi-amp" inspired Gain and Blend circuit adds even more tonal variety. These interactive controls add extra harmonic content and variable levels of grit to the core bass tone, perfect for creating earthy vintage riffs or even savagely distorted mayhem, without ever losing the all-important low end. They can also be switched in remotely via the optional footswitch. Along with a balanced line output, the Crush Bass 100 also has a buffered effects loop, an integrated tuner, aux. input and a Cabsim-loaded headphone output for silent practice. From the bedroom to the stage, this amp covers all bases.
Powerful Active Parametric EQ
The Crush Bass 100 features an EQ circuit inspired by Orange's prestigious 4 Stroke Series amplifiers. At its center is a parametric mid band. This presents players with a much greater degree of control over the sound than a traditional EQ, allowing them to vary the frequencies they want hear. The mid band covers a wide range, sweeping from 300Hz (fully anti-clockwise) to 2.7kHz (fully clockwise), meaning this amp can be fine tuned to suit any musical style. The active circuitry allows for up to 15dB of boost or cut on the bass and middle frequencies, and up to 20dB on the treble side.
Blend & Gain
Lifted straight from Orange's popular OB1 Series amps, the Blend and Gain controls are a nod to the many bass players who experiment with guitar and bass amps simultaneously. In this "bi-amped" setup, layers of harmonics and distortion from the guitar amp are blended with the core bass tone to create the ultimate full-range live sound. The Crush Bass 100's Gain and Blend controls create the same effect in a single package, adding extra bite and crispness to the tone at lower gain settings, right up to all-out filth with the dials cranked. These controls can also be engaged remotely with the optional FS-1 footswitch, ideal for fattening your sound on the fly.
Discrete Output Stage & Analog Design
At the heart of the Crush Bass 100 is its 100 Watt output stage. Using discrete circuitry, rather than ICs (integrated circuits) ensures a purer and even more forceful delivery with outstanding clarity and definition. The Crush Bass 100 houses a 15" speaker with a reflex port for improved low end response. The buffered effects loop has been engineered for maximum transparency, ensuring your pedal arsenal will perform at its peak.
Balanced Output, Cabsim Headphone Output, Aux Input & Chromatic Tuner
The Crush Bass 100 features a balanced output (post EQ) for connecting to a PA for live situations. The headphone output features Orange's Cabsim circuitry which emulates the response of their stage-ready OBC bass speaker cabinets during silent practice. This signal can also be sent to a console for seriously authentic direct recording. The Aux. input allows for connecting external audio sources for backing tracks whilst the handy onboard tuner makes for quick tune-ups between jams.
Get your Orange Amplification Crush Bass 100 100-Watt 1x15" Bass Combo Amplifier today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Amp Type Analog Channels 1 Watts 100 Speaker Configuration 1 x 15" Other Features Active 3-Band EQ, Parametric Mid Control, Bi-Amp Inspired Blend & Gain Controls (Footswitchable), Balanced Output, Buffered Effects Loop, Chromatic Tuner, Cabsim-Loaded Headphone Output & Aux In Weight 53.46 lbs. Dimensions 20.28 x 21.65 x 13.98 inches (WxHxD) Series Crush Bass Model Crush Bass 100
Orange Music Electronic Company Inc. (Orange USA) warrants that Orange Products purchased through an Authorised Dealer of Orange USA will be free from defects in parts and workmanship for an initial period of 1 year (365 days) from the date of purchase.
This Warranty shall be applicable when You present the Product along with the original sales receipt and/or proof of purchase.
What is Not Covered:
- Damage caused by negligence, abuse, modification, improper use, incorrect voltages, incorrect polarity or the use of power supplies not recommended by Orange USA.
- Damage caused by another product.
- General wear and tear.
- Damage caused during transportation of the product.
- Damage caused by repair or service carried out by persons not authorized by Orange USA.
- A Product with a serial number which has been defaced, removed etc.
- A Product which was not purchased from an Authorized Dealer within the USA
- Amplifiers, preamplifiers, effects pedals – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years
- Speaker enclosures (cabinets) – 1 year, extendable* to 2 years
- Valves (vacuum tubes) and Speakers in Orange Products or supplied by OMEC Ltd. – 90 days
If a warranty or RMA claim is made within 90 days of the purchase date of the Product, Orange USA pays ground shipping both ways.
For non-warranty repairs, the customer pays shipping both ways. Repair charges must be paid within 45 days of the repair completion or the Product becomes the property of Orange USA.
The Warranty Service:
- The Warranty Service may include repairs or replacement of the Product in accordance with the terms set out herein.
- We will endeavour to repair the defective Product at no cost.
- If we are unable to repair the defective Product, we reserve the right to provide you with a replacement which may or may not be a reconditioned unit.
- In the event a repair or replacement has been made, we shall be entitled to take and keep possession of the defective Product which is deemed to be beyond repair during the Warranty Period.
- Providing the defective Product is covered by the terms of this Warranty we shall be responsible for the cost of returning your unit to You.