Crown MB3 Mini Boundary MicrophoneSKU: CMB3XXXXX-P
- Images 1
Select to Compare
The Crown® MB-3 is a miniature boundary microphone for multi-miking applications such as teleconferencing, distance learning, boardrooms, courtrooms, and security applications. This low-profile, circular mic permanently installs into a hole drilled in a table, lectern, or ceiling. Thanks to its supercardioid pickup pattern, the MB-3 greatly reduces ambient noise and pickup of room reverberation. The result is a clearer, more intelligible sound. On the bottom of the mic is a tubular power module with a 3-pin XLR-type output connector. It is powered by 12-48V phantom power, and has a low-impedance balanced mic-level output.
- • Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid.
• Element: Electret condenser.
• Frequency response (typical): 50 Hz to 15,000 Hz at 30 degrees incidence to surface.
• Polar pattern: Half-supercardioid (supercardioid in the hemisphere above the primary boundary).
• Impedance: 150 ohms, balanced (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater).
• Open-circuit sensitivity (typical): 22 mV/Pa* (–33 dB re 1 volt/Pa).
• Power sensitivity: –30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa*. EIA rating –125 dBm.
• Equivalent noise level (self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB=0.0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
• S/N rati 72 dB at 94 dB SPL.
• Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD.
• Polarity: Positive (inward) pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
• Operating voltage: Phantom power, 12-48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1 of output connector.
• Current drain: 4 mA nominal.
• Connector: 3-pin pro audio, XLR-M type.
• Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh mic grille, steel chassis.
• Finish: Satin black.
• Net weight: 2.7 ounces (78 grams).
• Optional accessories: PH-1A phantom power supply (1 channel, battery or DC-adapter powered). PH-4A phantom power supply (4 channels, AC powered).
Series MB Series Model MB3 Mini Boundary Microphone
MB3 Mini Boundary Microphone
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for three years and labor for three years from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.