Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret Foundation Overdrive Guitar Effects PedalSKU: CDLSXXXXX-P
In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Images 1
- Video 4
Introducing the new Dirty Little Secret from Catalinbread. The Dirty Little Secret has earned itself a well-deserved reputation for replicating the sound and feel of a classic era Marshall amplifier, supplying one of the most iconic guitar sounds in music. Able to clean up with a flick of your guitar's volume control, or go from mild crunch to full kerrang with your pick attack, the Dirty Little Secret has seen the inside of arenas and bedrooms alike, providing great overdriven sounds to clean backlines, low-wattage amps, and even direct applications. When the JFETs used as the base for the Dirty Little Secret were discontinued, and as Catalinbread's stock of them began to dwindle they knew we had to find ones still being manufactured. However, rather than simply re-voicing around these new JFETs, Catalinbread decided to push the envelope and provide an amazingly robust feature-set, from ever evolving listening and circuit skills, and pure power of intention. This isn't just 'a' Marshall in a box, it's the most versatile and dynamic Marshall-style overdrive out there!
What's new in the Dirty Little Secret:
- The DLS now offers two distinct voicings, "Super Lead" and "Super Bass" switchable via an internal slider switch.
- Completely redesigned full three-knob treble-middle-bass tone control complement that reconfigures for each mode setting.
- We've also added an internal presence trimmer that allows you to fine-tune the presence of the pedal precisely to your guitar and amp combination.
- The gain range is much wider and even more responsive to pickup types, playing dynamics and instrument volume knob!
The "Super Bass" mode is a new voicing that gives you the tone and gain structure of a Marshall Super Bass (which is very similar to a JTM45 or JTM50/100). This mode was voiced to really hone in on that elusive in-between "not quite clean, not quite dirty" response that old tube amps were so good at getting. And it was specifically voiced to make fuzz pedals sound great (especially two-transistor based fuzzes like the fuzz face). Plug a Strat into a Fuzz Face into the new DLS in SB mode and you'll see!
Handbuilt in beautiful Portland, Oregon by a mostly caffeine-fueled staff of musicians, gear heads, and artists.
- Complete redesign with two Marshall modes
- Super Lead and Super Bass to suit your sound
- Fantastic cleanup with your guitar's volume control
- Ideal for stacking with fuzzes, ODs, and boosts
- 3 band EQ controls reconfigures itself for each mode
- Specially Selected Components
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery operation or 9v-18v DC (not included)
- 6 mA draw
- 2.34" x 4.39" pedal
Series . Model Dirty Little Secret
3 Years Parts and Labor
Catalinbread LLC will repair or replace this unit if it fails to operate due to defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 3 years to the date purchased by the original owner. This warranty does not cover misuse or neglect by the user. Nor does it cover cosmetic damage to the finish and external hardware. To qualify the unit must have been purchased by an authorized Catalinbread dealer in the country of the original owner.
To qualify, simply fill out the warranty form and return to manufacturer within 10 days of purchase including a copy of the purchase receipt.