Bogner Ecstacy Red Overdrive/Boost Guitar Effects PedalSKU: BECSTASYR-P
- Images 5
- Video 2
Select to Compare
The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992, and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, in Los Angeles, California. The Ecstasy Red pedal captures the mystical Red-Channel tone of this legendary amplifier, famous for its incendiary, higher-gain crunch and lead tones. Using interactive controls to adjust gain and EQ settings, the red pedal delivers a wide range of expressive tones from vintage overdrive to ripping modern high gain. Ideal for aggressive playing styles, the Ecstacy Red pedal boasts the outrageous heavy tones that get Bogner amps into the backlines of rock’s most notable players.
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy Red pedal with five discrete Class A gain stages and no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier’s Red Channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy Red is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9V power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Tight, Mellow and Full, shapes the general EQ curve and gain levelsPre-EQ Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control “openness” and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras and models of Ecstasy amplifiersJacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Build Quality
- High gain
Comments about Bogner Ecstacy Red Overdrive/Boost Guitar Effects Pedal:
Bogner makes amazing products and the red pedal is no exception. This pedal is versatile, but should be used for high gain tones; that is where this thing shines. Just like a Bogner blue pedal except a little meaner. If you do not have the scratch to purchase an Ecstacy but want searing tone, this pedal is for you.
*Hands on review by Christopher M. from store 57 in Indianapolis.
- Was this a gift?: