Supro 1622RT Tremo-Verb 1x10" Combo Guitar AmpSKU: S1622RTXX-P
- Images 5
- Video 1
Select to Compare
This compact, Class-A, 6973-powered bruiser pushes a LOUD 25 watts through a custom-made 10” speaker to capture the old-school Supro magic in an amp you can easily haul around to gigs. Tremo-verb is, without a doubt, pound-for-pound the most potent tube amp in the Supro line.
The Tremo-verb's feature set, blue rhino hide tolex and compact physical dimensions are drawn from the original combo of the mid 60’s, with its power plant borrowed from its larger brother, the 1624T Dual-Tone. This modern incarnation of the Supro Tremo-verb has been enhanced with enough Class-A power to gig out alongside a pounding drummer and bassist.
Following traditional Supro fashion, the new Tremo-verb’s power-tube tremolo comes after the reverb pan, lending an ethereal shake and wobble to the enveloping wash of tube-driven spring reverb. This amp has ample headroom to use with pedals, maintaining exceptional clarity and sparkle even above 12-o’clock on the volume knob as the amp rolls over into glorious all-tube overdrive.
- Class-A Cathode-biased vintage design
- Independent BASS and TREBLE controls
- All-tube reverb
- Output-tube tremolo
- 25 Watts, Class-A
- 4x 12AX7
- 1x 12AT7
- 2x 6973 power tubes
- 1×10 Supro CR10 speaker
- Blue Rhino Hide tolex
- Made in NY, USA
- Engineered by Bruce Zinky, Thomas Elliot and David Koltai
- Cabinet dimensions: 19 7/32" x 9 7/16" x 14"
- Weight: 30 lbs
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Build Quality
- Tone quality
* Sounds like a Princeton reverb on growth hormone, it's reverb sweep is insane!Ranging from just a little, too room spinning fun. As soon as I plugged this little guy in I thought, "Looks like I have found my next amplifier!" I wouldn't use this amplifier for it's gain sound, even though it's tube saturation is pretty decent, the cabinet is just too small and it has an open back. Where this amp shines is when it is used as a clean machine, sounds more American than an el type tube and in the words of my grandpa, "You know what is the number 1 is synonymous with? 'merica!" In all seriousness, I think this amplifier gives you the same chime as a Princeton Reverb, but with a much better bass control. In addition the tremolo is pretty decent as well. Although I have always said the best tremolo unit is your volume control. (4.5 stars)
- Was this a gift?:
Weight . Dimensions . Series . Model Tremo-Verb
Information not available