Crown's XLS Series amplifiers define the standard for portable PA systems with unmatched performance, technology and affordability.
Can the phrases “high-end,” “cutting-edge technology” and “affordable” all be used in the same sentence about the same professional amplifier? Yes, indeed! We are talking about the Crown XLS 2000 Power Amplifier. With a generous power rating of 375 watts per channel @ 8 ohms (525 watts per channel @ 4 ohms, 1,550 watts per channel @ 4 ohms bridged), you’ll have all the power you need and then some for driving even the most demanding speaker systems in the most trying conditions.
The Crown XLS 2000 Power Amp weighs in at less than 11 lbs. That is an amazing feat considering its awesome power and performance features. Onboard is the integrated Pureband Crossover System. With a frequency range of 50 Hz to 3 kHz, you can be sure that the proper frequencies are being sent to the correct speaker components. The built-in Peak Limiters assure maximum output while protecting your speakers from overload. Think of it as a built-in insurance policy against speaker damage.
Controls and indicators include two front-panel rotary level controllers, one for each channel. The backlit LCD screen (very handy in dim-lit stage situations) allows for crossover, amp mode, and clip compressor configurations. The Menu/Prev/Next buttons provide dedicated access to the integrated processing. A front-panel power switch illuminates a blue LED when in the on position. Around the back is a circuit breaker that protects from overload.
When it comes to connectivity, the Crown XLS 2000 Power Amplifier has got you covered. Each channel has an XLR, ¼”, and RCA input. The ¼” connectors can also be used as loop-thrus to send the signal to additional amplifiers. On the output end, the two 4-pole Speakon connectors can accept either 2-pole or 4-pole Speakon cable connectors. A pair of binding posts per channel accepts bare wire or a banana plug (European models do not accept banana plugs).
For signal presence indication, two green LEDs, one for each channel, let you know when the input signal exceeds –40 dBu. Two red LEDs illuminate when the output level is overdriven. Thermal indicator LEDs light up when thermal compression begins.
All Crown XLS Series amplifiers are protected by output current limiting, DC protection, a circuit breaker and thermal protection. The flow-through ventilation and internal heat sinks keep your amp running cool even in extreme conditions. Crown offers a 3-year, no-fault, fully transferable warranty so you are fully covered.
XLS 2000• Stereo, 2 ohms (per ch.) 1050W
• Stereo, 4 ohms (per ch.) 650W
• Stereo, 8 ohms (per ch.) 375W
• Bridge-Mono, 8 ohms 1300W
• Bridge-Mono, 4 ohms 2100W
• XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
• Integrated PureBand™ Crossover System for better performance and control
• Peakx™ Limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
• XLR, 1/4", RCA inputs provide outstanding flexibility
• Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
• Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon® outputs
• Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
• Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
Things You Will Get:
- Power Amplifier
- Power Cable
XLS 2000 Power Amplifier
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for three years and labor for three years from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.