Origin is the most powerful synthesizer on the market. As a matter of fact, Origin is not a simple synthesizer; it is a system that houses several synthesizers in one machine. Some of these synths come from the past, such as the Minimoog, some are totally new and innovative.
Origin is a modular system of a new generation opening creative avenues in sound design. Loaded with modules extracted from some of the best synthesizers of all time (Moog Modular, ARP 2600, CS-80, Minimoog, Jupiter 8, Prophet VS) and new modules created by Arturia such as Galaxy, Origin lets you combine these modules to create your own synth. For instance, take oscillators from the Minimoog, filters from the CS-80 and a ring modulator from the ARP200.
Furthermore, Origin offers a complete control surface, with a generous amount of dedicated knobs and switches, assignable encoders, and even a joystick. The result: a new type of sound accessible through an extremely intuitive interface.
Sound With An Attitude
Origin sounds like nothing else on the planet. It not only implements True Analog Emulation, an exclusive technology which accurately models analog synthesizers. But Origin also takes the concept of the analog modular systems of the past to a new level using cutting edge digital technology.
You can process your synths through a selection of digital effects, including Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser, Distortion (up to 3 simultaneous effects per synth). In addition to the Arpeggiator, the onboard analog-style step sequencer allows 3 sub-sequences to run simultaneously, and lets you switch between multiple patterns on the fly like a Groove Box.
In Multi mode, Origin lets you select up to four of these monster synths (without using any of your computer’s CPU), and combine them any way you want. You can layer them, split them across the keyboard, or assign them to different MIDI channels as completely independent synths, each with its own stereo output, sequencer and effects.
How can Arturia manage to do this in a standalone hardware synth? Origin uses two Analog Devices TigerSHARC DSP processors that
actually have more audio power than even the newest multi core PC processors Furthermore, Origin’s DSP-based design allows loading new modules via its USB 2.0 port, so you can even expand your sound palette in the future.
Features:• Create your own synthesis patch by connecting independent modules. These modules are either innovative modules we introduced (such as Galaxy) or taken from the best synthesizers ever made (such as the Moog Modular, the Yamaha CS-80, the Roland Jupiter-8, the Minimoog, the ARP 2600, the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 and Prophet VS).
• Alternatively, use an existing synthesizer recreation: the Minimoog, the ARP 2600*, the Jupiter-8* or the Prophet 5*
• Superb audio quality with TAE® engine in a hardware chassis. 24 bits/44.1 kHz supported.
• High-Quality Real time Effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Distortion, Parametric EQ*, Bit Crusher*.
• 500 presets created by a selection of international sound designers
• 16/32 step advanced sequencer allowing you to program three sub-sequences at a time and to perform live.
• Multi mode allowing you to play 4 instruments at a time, for example a Minimoog, a Jupiter-8*, a modular patch and an ARP 2600*.
• Creative Macros, advanced LFO’s, innovative modulation sources, different Joystick modes.
• Advanced Preset browser.
• Analog Audio Connectivity: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs.
• Digital Audio: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
• Built-in expression pedal and footswitch control inputs
• MIDI : In, Out, Thru or USB 2
• Up to 32 voices of polyphony
• Also a MIDI controller offering 33 encoders, 21 potentiometers and 1 joystick
• Ergonomic hardware design and quality manufacturing in France and Germany.
• Origin lets you open dedicated software on your Mac and PC in the form of Origin Connection an ergonomic application allowing to archive preset, exchange data, upgrade firmware.
• 160 pages manual in English.