Small and perfectly formed, this diminuitive MPC is not some compromised little runt of the litter as you might expect.
The MPC1000 inherits many of the major features of its older, bigger siblings but in a compact form that makes it ideal for carrying around to your friends, to a gig, to a session, wherever. And it's a creditable alternative to computer based systems.
As part of its lineage, the MPC1000 features the sixteen characteristic velocity and pressure sensitive pads that have been an established (and essential) component of the MPC series since its inception - arguably, they are the best pads on any drum machine past or present! Also retained is the MPC's legendary 'feel' and 'groove' so that you can be sure that your beats and sequences just swing.
It also features the original MPC60's intuitive transport and locate controls, the unique NOTE REPEAT function plus new additions such as the two Q-Link sliders that allow real-time interaction with tuning, filter cutoff, layer switching, attack and decay. Add to these a well established, friendly and intuitive user interface, two separate multi-effects processors (plus a master output effects processor!), resonant multi-mode filters, 4-way sample layering and velocity switching per pad, two MIDI ins and 32 MIDI channels via the two MIDI outputs, multiple audio outputs as standard, footswitch inputs for 'hands-free' control and you have most of what you'd expect to find in a rugged, dependable 'switch on and work' and 'out the carton' solution to computer sequencer headaches.
But there are new things too:
The use of compact flash as a storage medium, for example, makes for more than enough room to save your sounds and grooves in an extremely compact, portable and readily available format and present testing has verified the use of up to 2 Gigabyte cards. Furthermore, the MPC1000 supports the 'MASS STORAGE CLASS' USB standard.
What this means is that when connected to a Mac or PC via the MPC1000's USB port, the Mac/PC sees the MPC1000 as a Compact Flash card reader without the need for any cumbersome driver installation on your computer. This simple implementation allows you to simply drag and drop data between your desktop and the MPC1000's CF card to build up sound library on your CF card or vice versa to back up data on your CF card. With regard to internal memory, you get 16Mb of on-board RAM as standard but this can be expanded to 128 MB.
THE THREE Fs - FEATURES, FUNCTIONS, FACILITIES
Behind the stunning 'retro' cosmetic styling that pays homage to a halcyon era of dedicated drum machines, the new MPC1000 is a thoroughly modern sampling drum machine and 64-track MIDI sequencer that is more than equipped with features, functions and facilities to let you explore new musical ideas without restriction.
KEY FEATURES • Established friendly and intuitive user interface of MPC series.
• Easy-to-use MIDI sequencer/drum sampler offering a great alternative to complex computer based products.
• Great-feeling, velocity and pressure sensitive pads for expressive programming.
• A 16 levels function giving you one sound on all pads with varied level, tuning, attack, decay or filter per pad.
• Two separate effects processors and one main out effect processor; all which can be used simultaneously.
• 4-pole filters (two 2-pole filters) filtering for each of the 32 voices.
• Two Q-Link sliders for realtime performance control.
• 2 x MIDI In and 2 x MIDI Out.
• 32 MIDI channels.
• 16Mb RAM standard, expandable to 128Mb .
• Internal preset sounds in flash.
• Save/load your sound and sequence data to/from Compact Flash.
• Portable laptop size ideal for taking your act on the road.
• LIMITED WARRANTY 1 year parts and labor.
Things You Will Get:
- Flash Card
- Power Cable
MPC1000BK MIDI Production Center Sampler
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts for one year and labor for one year from date of purchase. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.