12-Part Selection & Inspection Process
Each guitar is carefully un-boxed by a certified guitar technician. It is then photographed, weighed and run through our thorough bench check. We inspect EVERYTHING! Each guitar is viewed and handled as if we were buying it for ourselves!
- • Guitars are initially examined under the proper lights and magnification.
- • Guitars are then weighed with an extremely accurate scale to a 10’th of an ounce.
- • Cases are examined inside and out for damage in shipping or factory defect.
- • All case candy, paperwork and Certificates of Authenticity (if one is issued from the Factory) are checked. Warrantee card is also checked against the serial number on the instrument.
- • All hardware on the instrument is checked for cosmetic or mechanical defects such as imperfections on the plastic, factory plating, pitting or buffing mistakes.
- • The finish is checked through a high power lighted magnifying glass. If there are swirls, checks, drips, overspray or plain old mistakes the instrument is repacked and sent back to the Manufacturer.
- • Neck is sighted and adjusted if need be so that optimal performance and playability is achieved.
- • The electric guitars action is set to comfortable height. We can also set it to your custom preference either higher or lower.
- • Acoustic guitar action is kept at Factory specifications and settings unless a request is made for additional height changes.
- • Intonation is checked on a strobe tuner for the utmost accuracy. It takes a little bit longer but it is the only way to go.
- • The instrument is then played lightly. We check for buzzing and fret outs on all the way up and down the neck.
- • Electrics or Acoustic Electrics are played through a quality amp to make sure the output is right, no crackles are present, all switches, pickups and components are working properly.
Buy With Full Confidence
These guitars are for the serious
collector; the true lover of fine instruments. By choosing one of our
Guitars of Distinction, you are guaranteed to receive a genuinely special
instrument. And, you can buy in total confidence: We guarantee your
satisfaction with our 45-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not
completely satisfied with your item, for any reason, you can return it
within 45 days of the shipping date for a complete refund of the
merchandise price. Details.
Don't Miss Out
Take a look at the Sam Ash Music
Guitars of Distinction. And be sure to check back often, because our
inventory is changing as quickly as these beautiful instruments are
selling. If you have any questions about any of the guitars listed here
— or any product on our web site — just call us at
1-800-472-6274 and ask to speak with a Sam Ash Guitar Specialist. We'll
help you find the guitar of your dreams.