You are looking at a Teye Guitars R-Series El Torero Electric Guitar Shipwreck, serial number 00282. This is the actual guitar you will receive should you decide to purchase. (8 lbs, 5 oz.)
The Teye Guitar Company calls Austin, Texas — the other music city — home. Although USA born and bred, these masterpiece guitars have an international pedigree. Visually, guitar aficionados will instantly recognize the resemblance to the London-made instruments that single handily started the “boutique” guitar market. From exotic woods and finishes to metal tops and pearl mosaics, Teye guitars are a feast for the eyes. As bold as the appearance of a Teye is, they are far more than just beautifully appointed instruments.
Very smooth and fast feel, in part owing to a thin finish of hand-rubbed oil. Impeccable fretwork insures all notes ring across the entire 25.5-inch scale length. A 1¾-inch nut width, plus the heelless neck joint, is reminiscent of a flamenco or classical guitar of Spain. Neck edges are rolled-in nicely, and the extra wide nut is fast to get used to. The guitars are known for superb, fast, and comfortable playability, with easy access to all 24 frets. Top quality ebony fretboards are standard on all models, except the Gypsy Queen “F” series.
Hand-selected choice mahogany, Spanish cedar (a lightweight, resonant timber from the mahogany family), Walnut or Korina (African mahogany or Limba) bodies are hand-rubbed with luthier oil. No wood filler is used on natural models.
Extremely versatile electronics controls feature a 5-way blade switch, standard style volume and tone controls, and a proprietary “mood” knob. This 100% passive mood circuit works in each of the five pickup positions. Roll it up for full-bodied humbucker tone; roll it back for single-coil spank. Out-of-phase tones, icepick single-coil bite, and humbucker roar are all super easy to control with these classic and intuitive controls. Is this two guitars in one? Nope. It’s all guitars in one!
Do not let their striking appearance or versatility allow you to think of Teye guitars as gimmicky in any way. Their heart, soul, and backbone are all of world-class playing and sounding caliber. And that’s where the real beauty of Teye guitars lies.
Laser-engraved full-metal top and headstock veneer. Shipwreck finish. From Teye’s Austin, Texas, Custom Shop, the El Torero is simple and elegant; complex and flashy — all at the same time. Complete Teye electronics package, choice woods, and the same attention to detail as Teye’s more expensive (and more elaborately adorned) E-series and top-of-the-line A-series guitars. Massive tone, massive playability, and visually stunning, this guitar suits the collector and hardcore player equally. It is beautiful enough to put on display, yet plays and sounds too good to leave on display. Be careful before trying one out. It may change your perspective on your old favorites.
Get your Teye Guitars R-Series El Torero Electric Guitar Shipwreck (Serial#: 00282) today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
- Handmade in Austin, Texas
- Select Mahogany Body with Laser-Engraved Body Plate
- Hand-Rubbed Satin Oil Finish
- Select Mahogany Neck
- 24 Fret Bound Ebony Fingerboard with Teye-Inlay in Mother-of-Pearl
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Grover Deluxe Inperial Rotomatic Tuners
- Two Custom Wound Jason Lollar Pickups
- Teye Proprietary Circuitry with (2x) Volume, Tone, and Mood Knobs
- Teye Proprietary Bridge and Tailpiece
- Laser-Engraved Headstock Plate
Things You Will Get:
- Electric Guitar
- Hardshell Case
Limited Lifetime Warranty
A promise to the original owner of a Teye guitar or bass: The instrument will be free of faults for the time that you own it (limited lifetime warranty) with certain exceptions and exclusions, see below. Anything that goes wrong other than through violent playing, accident, or tinkering with the instrument will be fixed or replaced free of charge. This excludes normal wear and tear (see a full list of exclusions below). Even if the mishap is not covered by the warranty, I will fix your guitar for a nominal fee. You should be very happy with your guitar, always, and I will do whatever it takes to achieve that, within reasonable limits. Even if you destroy your guitar on purpose, during a very inspired musical moment, yes even when you decided to modify the instrument and are now sorry, I will fix her without overcharging you.
All this of course only applies to instruments that come guaranteed from my workshop: i.e. purchased original from official Teye-guitars/GGC-dealers, or direct. For guitars bought on eBay, please see below.
Voiding the Warranty
The limited lifetime warranty is voided if you dive in to steal my secrets. The electronics are arranged in such a manner that you can easily replace the output jack or replace pickups. Anything else has been secured by black-boxing, and if you make efforts to dig deeper you will damage stuff. Please don’t. The wiring on this guitar is radically different from any other guitar: there is nothing here for you to repair or modify, and you will lose your warranty.
This warranty does not cover:
• Any instrument on which the serial number has been removed or altered.
• Any instrument not purchased from either me directly or from an authorized dealer, or upon which unauthorized repair or service work has been carried out.
• Any instrument which has not been registered at my workshop or web site within one month of purchase, or whose warranty card has been altered or includes false or incomplete information.
• Any instrument that has been damaged due to an accident, negligence or misuse.
• Shipping damage of any kind.
• Normal “wear and tear”, including but not limited to any discoloration, fading or damage to the original finish, or worn frets, strings, tuners, hardware and plating.
• Any subjective issues such as “tone”.
• Any instrument that has been subjected to extremes of humidity and temperature.
• Any workshop installed electronics and hardware after two years from the original date of purchase.
• Gold plating.