The already great value of the AJ-220SCE Advanced Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar just got even better with our additional guitar accessory value bundle.
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE has long been one of Epiphone’s best selling acoustic guitars with the look, sound, and build quality that first time players and professionals expect to hear when they pick up an Epiphone. The Advanced Jumbo style was first produced at the legendary Kalamazoo factory in the 1930s has been a favorite of musicians from every field of popular music ever since. The Advanced Jumbo sound is commanding when required but it’s also well balanced which makes it perfect for stage and studio. Now with a killer cutaway and Shadow's new Performer Tuner preamp system, the AJ-220SCE takes yet another step above the competition.Balanced Tone that Rings Like a Bell
With its bell-like shape featuring a larger lower bout and a smaller, round upper bout, the AJ-220SCE has a focused and balanced tone. The bass is deep, rich, and loud while the highs have a crispness and brilliance that cuts through. Most noticeable however, is the AJ-220SCE’s clear mid-range that’s never muddy like a square-shouldered dreadnought. The Advanced Jumbo acoustic guitar is often described as the perfect instrument for the soloist or singer/songwriter with a sound that blends well with vocals. And, its generous and elegant Venetian cutaway enables you to access the upper frets with ease. Premium Electronics!
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE is equipped with Shadow's "Performer Tuner" preamp and NanoFlex pickup system, and comes alive when plugged in. Made by Shadow Germany, the new Performer preamp features all the controls you need to tailor the sounds of your acoustic to suit your playing style, volume level and venue size. Professional features on this state-of-the-art preamp include a built-in chromatic Tuner, Master Volume, Bass, Treble, low Battery indicator and a Phase switch to help eliminate unwanted feedback.
It also features a Tuner/Mute button which comes in handy when plugging in or unplugging your guitar. The preamp uses two 2032 lithium watch batteries that are not only lightweight, but provide significantly longer life than old-fashioned, heavy 9V batteries. Under the AJ-220SCE's compensated saddle, is Shadow's proprietary NanoFlex, low-impedance pickup. Not a piezo, this unique flexible sensing material features integrated active electronics and picks up not only string vibration but also top and body vibrations as well for a truly acoustic tone without the harshness of piezos. Quality Materials and Construction!
While the AJ shape plays a big role in it's signature sound, the AJ-220SCE benefits from the use of premium materials and traditional construction methods. The top is made of solid Sitka Spruce that not only sounds great right out of the box, but actually improves as it ages. Complementing this are back and sides made of select Mahogany fitted to a solid Mahogany neck. For great stability, tone and sustain, the neck is glued into the body using TiteBond glue and a traditional dovetail neck joint. Easy and comfortable to play, the neck shape or profile is Epiphone's classic 1960's SlimTaper D-shape with a smooth, fast satin finish.Upscale Features!
Not typically found on instruments in this price range, Epiphone packs even more value into the AJ-220SCE. Included is a bound fingerboard for a clean look and smooth feel, premium sealed die-cast tuners with 14:1 gear ratio for tuning accuracy and stability, a solid "reverse-belly" Rosewood bridge with compensated saddle for traditional looks and accurate intonation and a tortoise-colored pickguard (black on Natural finish model) with traditional metal "E" to protect the top against pick marks.Guitar Accessory Value BundleFor over 85 years, it has been our utmost priority to provide our customers with the guaranteed lowest prices at the best value possible. This additional guitar accessory value bundle, exclusive to Sam Ash, offers incredible value by saving you $60 on all the accessories you will need as a novice guitar student. This accessory bundle includes:
- a Sam Ash 6 Stave, 64 Page Manuscript Paper which includes a 26 week practice record with a weekly lesson planner.
- an On-Stage Compact Sheet Music Stand with Bag is incredibly portable thanks to its fold up design and is super lightweight making this the perfect stand to bring to and from lessons.
- a Samson CM-40 Chromatic Tuner/Metronome for precise tuning and metronome capabilities all in one compact, easy-to-use design.
- a pair of Samson HP10 Playback Headphones allow for silent practicing and blocks out any outside noise, even when listening at low volumes
- a Dunlop 5400 Polishing Cloth ideal for applying lemon oil, polish and string cleaner.
- an Onstage Classic Guitar Stand, exclusively found at Sam Ash, features black Velveteen rubber, extra thick tubing and sheet metal leg housing for the ultimate support. The removable lower stepped yoke and the anti-rotation safety strap on the upper yoke make this stand perfect for any guitar.
Order your Epiphone AJ-220SCE Acoustic-Electric Guitar Bundle (Natural) from Sam Ash Direct today with the security of our 45/60 day return/price protection policy, and be sure to take advantage of our fast, free shipping.
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Select mahogany
- Neck Material: Solid mahogany with satin finish
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper D-Shape
- Neck Joint: Dovetail, glued-In
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with "Dot" inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Trussrod: Adjustable via headstock
- Frets: 20; medium/jumbo
- Binding: 6-Layer body; Front, 1-Layer
- Fingerboard Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Sealed, Die-cast; 14:1 ratio
- Bridge Pickup: NanoFlex low-impedance pickup
- Controls: Shadow Performer Tuner Preamp, Master Volume, Phase (feedback cancellation), Treble EQ, Bass EQ, Tuner/Mute Button, Built-in Chromatic Tuner
- Power: Two 2032 Lithium Batteries
- Bridge: Solid rosewood; Reverse-belly
- Saddle: Compensated; PVC
- Pickguard: Simulated Tortoise with metal "E"
- Output Jack: Metal Endpin Jack with 1/4" output
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Case: Not included
Things You Will Get:
Acoustic-Electric GuitarManuscript NotebookSheet Music StandTuner/MetronomeHeadphonesPolishing ClothGuitar Stand
The manufacturer's warranty covers parts and labor for the lifetime of the product. The warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse, and contains other exclusions.